Snooping

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by WhatNow, Jun 18, 2012.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Gee, I guess you told me!! :lol:

So you don't like folks prying into things that are none of their business? How about that? :cheers:

2. kansascon

kansascon Well-Known Member

Let me explain this again S L O W L Y.....I don't care what people do or have in their medicine cabinet unless they live with me...GOT IT?

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Oh, I think we've got it all right. 8)

4. kansascon

kansascon Well-Known Member

:beathorse:

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:jester:

6. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I don't know, I think that was still a bit too fast. How about typing it just a tad slower?

So, how do you feel about the people living with you snooping in your stuff?

7. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

Hmmm... as is the norm, looks to be this thread kinda changed a tad bit on words (or how I interpret them) ...

Snooping ... that is what I'd state as doing what KDC mentioned - loooking in people's medicine cabinet, digging thru their stuff, etc. I wouldn't go that far. Just as I wouldn't check another's phone messages (assuming that's voice mail) or phone text messages - unless said person asked me to check them.

BUT if something like FB or email log was left on computer and I went to get on said computer & noticed the info, then that's when I'd be likely to start "sneaking a peak" of what's already showing on a "shared" computer due to the owner of said FB or email pages being negligent in not logging it off.

Just stating because earlier I did say I'd sneak a peak. And I still hold true to that just because as I already explained. But I would not go to the extreme of digging in (snooping) someone's stuff that is closed up (drawers/wallets/closets,etc).

8. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

Someone comes to my house. They looked in all my messages and I caught them. They laughed, Me, not so much!

Look, if you are married there should be no reason to snoop. Unless you think something is "going on". then your internal gut is probably right anyway!

Now, the person who snooped at my fb messages, ummmm, they havent been back to my house in a while. Guess I told them..LOL. Or did I?

If you have a child that you cant trust, I say SNOOP SNOOP all you can. Fight to get that child right.

My .2

9. WhatNow

WhatNow Well-Known Member

:iagree:

Exactly my point!

10. WhatNow

WhatNow Well-Known Member

just to clarify, this is not one of my children - if I had reason to think there was a problem, I would check into it as long as they live in my house & are not paying rent.

If I suspected my husband was cheating, I would snoop as well.

This person has an obsession with invading my privacy though. I mean, is it okay to creep down the stairs late at night when I am on the phone & sit & listen to my private conversation & later bring up issues that I shared with someone in private?

I feel like it is a boundary issue.

11. Tit4Tat

who the heck else is doing this. A guest?

12. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

My, aren't we nosey. :jester:

13. Tit4Tat

:lol: I mean, the dog? Who? She stated not the husband, not the kids. Then who? :lol:

14. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I was raised that adults have personal rights that should be adhered to. I don't open other adult's mail, look at the computer, read text messages, etc. All seems the same to me.

Now....if I was darn sure my other half was cheating or doing something illegal those rules might fly out the window.....don't know.

Important: If one does not want another person snooping...log off the sites, erase history and shut down the computer. Cell phones have a password to be able to use the phone.

Trust means more than most things in my book.

Sherry

P.S. Hey P, someone has actually stayed with you for 33 years? She deserves a medal. :mrgreen:

15. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

My wife and I just celebrated our 52nd Anniversary. Trust in one another is high on the list of why we have a great marriage.
    Now, me go through her purse? Not on your life. Scares me when she sticks her hand in that jungle. LOL

16. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

:hurray:

17. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

We celebrate our 52nd next month. If you don't have trust in a marriage it most likely will fail. We trust one another and also have a great marriage.

18. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I HATE CLUTTER. I am an OCD female. :mrgreen:

19. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

For the same reason humans will review something like a prior purchase. By making believe they are going to buy the same thing with another seller or individual.

It's an inherent human instinct. Wanting to know, or verifying, if you made the right choice. Typically, it's more prevalent when personal doubt exists in having made the right choice. Hence, you already looked!:lol:

We all do it. We're all human. No big thing.

20. Tit4Tat

I still wanna know this. It really effects my response! LOL. Call me nosy! sHE STATED ITS NOT oops caps* hubby, not children....pffftttt. Maybe the dog? a friend living with them? what? I am female just because I want more info:lol: