Snoopy's Hot Dogs coming to 40/42!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Jun 21, 2010.

1. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Me too!

My latest find? The chicken salad at the resturant at Rush Hour Karting. The lady who owns Unforgettable Food Affairs is running it now, and her chicken salad is to die for.

I could eat a pound of it all by myself, and I'm not joking...

2. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

I haven't tried it yet, but I hear that Charlie's BBQ has the best chicken salad.

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

interesting. I will keep that in mind. thanks!

4. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

So am I and the best one I used to love came from Lunch Box in Raleigh.....that is till they started adding a little curry powder to it (curry powder and I don't get along to well nor does it bode well for anyone around me). Haven't really found another one that is absolutely to die for.

5. CraigSPL

When it comes to dogs......it's either bright leaf/carolina packers with ketchup chili and onions or a Nathans/Sabrett with mayo and cold kraut.

Only two ways to have a dog.

6. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I'm not a big fan of Bright Leaf like I was in my youth. They have good smoked sausage for sausage dogs, though. I like Jesse Jones for the pink weenies. I'll take one of the beefy franks with fine meaty chili (not soupy), mus-My Friend and onions.

7. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

We second that. Pei Wei, Five Guys, Flying Burrito, Brigg's.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We had some Ballpark beef ones last night that were really good for a hotdog. We don't eat them on a regular basis though. DS likes the Brightleaf ones, but they make me :ack:. Obvisouly I am not a native JC girl. :lol:

9. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

I'm JoCo born and raised. When I was a kid, I would eat those famous brightleaf hotdogs....COLD...right out of the fridge. No need for a bun or anything. Now, I really love Nathan's all beef hot dogs!!!!

As far as chicken salad I have to say I just about cried when Unforgettable Food Affairs closed their lunch counter. I LOVED their chicken salad.

Has anyone been to the new Tookie's Grill in Garner at the Forest Hills Shopping center??? I was told they are known for their chicken salad.

10. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Craig, my son, please observe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5JIpT4GkyM

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

mus-My Friend (good deli or spicy), chilli and slaw... thats all I need!!

Mus-My Friend and 'kraut belong on a bratwurst!

12. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

"All the way" with slaw...yum...from the Grocery Bag (Percy Flowers) or Short's in Selma.

Translation: "All the way" is mus-My Friend, chili, onions

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Chicago style - The only way!

14. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Well-Known Member

It's either Nathans or Sabrett for me. I'm not a big fan of lips, ears, and snouts in my food.

15. KellBell

L O V E that place! it's about 2 minutes from my work. We go about once a month. I have to split one with someone....I can't eat a whole one on pita bread....she packs it so full. It is the best.

16. CraigSPL

I used to work about 2 minutes from there and would time it to arrive about 1:15pm for lunch, and the lady in there would usually be just about out of chicken salad, so she would grab me a fresh chicken breast and make up a batch just for my sandwich. I used to eat there once a week until they started adding the curry powder to the chicken salad.

17. KellBell

I absolutely love the curry powder. Never liked it before, don't really like it in anything else. But I love it in their chicken salad.

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

oh yeah they had some good chicken salad, i used to work just about 5 minutes from there too before they moved our office to dang Cary a couple years ago, i miss their food. A few weeks ago i got some homemade chicken salad from Lowes Foods over in the deli and it was really good but haven't seen it since, maybe a one time thing?

19. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

you got that right, that is exactly how i love my dogs:cheers:

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Where is that at? i used to go up to the Grapevine at least once a week to get that chicken salad wrap, it was so good.