Snow tomorrow night????

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Paraphrasing Forrest Gump, we have big ol' fat snow here off Josephine...and it's sticking.

2. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

As it is in Greater Downtown C-Town!!!

3. seabee

seabee Guest

its good and snowy out now...

4. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

yep sure is a snowing here.

5. Hatteras6

We have about 2 inches of accumulation.

6. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Drove from 40/42 to Garner. Roads are pretty decent, just a few slick spots. Take your time and don't be stupid and you should be fine.

7. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

How's 210 between here and Smithfield, anybody know?

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

It's pretty, but this is getting annoying. :banghead:

9. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Looks like about 3" here, according to my deck railings....:)

10. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

It is snowing/sleeting again, any chance that 2 hour delay will turn into cancellation?

11. Hatteras6

No Way. If you see the decision makers as glaciers, you kind of get the pic. Slow to move, but once on a path, not easily diverted from it.

Not real impressed, so far with changes.

12. bandmom

There is some stuff falling, but its teeny weeny - so no, I don't think it will turn into a cancellation at this point. Most have already left for school by now anyway.

Now its snowing much harder!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  13. bandmom

I met Peggy Smith the other night at the WJHS play - and I was impressed with her!

14. Hatteras6

Seems to me that you're confusing members of the Board, with the leadership that's running the schools on a daily basis. The Board issues guidance. I rather doubt that Mrs. Smith was consulted about the weather.

Nor should she have to have been consulted.

Plain and simple, this was a weather related issue that needed the forward thinking of Ed Croom. In a meeting with him, he indicated that he would be proactive and responsive. Count this one as a missed opportunity.

15. bandmom

Nah - I didn't mean to imply that she had anything to do with the weather decision. I was just saying I was impressed with her as one of the new board members/leadership.

16. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Only thing I've seen falling was coming outta the trees from the wind blowing.

Left the house later than normal, about 7:45-7:50 am and was at work by 8:07 am.

Didn't have one ounce of trouble and didn't even have to switch over to 4x4. Now tonight might be a different story if they don't get the stuff cleared off the roads.

Craig

17. Hatteras6

Craig,
    glad your drive in went ok. Safely coming back, dude.

18. bandmom

I have no trees in my back yard, and its coming down straight from the sky in both my front and back yard. And dd called from school to let me know she got there okay, and she also said it was snowing on the way there.

19. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

Yep snowing here too.
    210/40

20. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

its snowing here too and my daughter just called and said it was snowing in Goldsboro.