SNOW ...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, Jan 17, 2013.

1. dietz4ibanez

dietz4ibanez Well-Known Member

People are traveling the posted speed on 50 and it is mostly wet. 42, especially at 40 should be in great shape!

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I know it will be fine driving in to work this afternoon I just worry about driving back on 210 and 1010 at 11pm. And I just know we are going to get a lot of call outs.

3. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

we left at 10:15 this morning. 50 to 42 to I 40 to cameron village. not bad at all. i 40 was great shape.

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I'm seeing the Warnings flash across my television at the moment stating another mix tonight. Ugh!!

Sherry

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

So much ice up in Chicago right now I could not get enough traction to overcome the weight of my suitcase in the parking lot.

6. Sherry A.

Hope all is okay now. I remember being in Chicago about his time of year once. When I woke up the next morning I couldn't get my key in the hole of the car. I went inside to the front desk, they laughed and brought out some hot water. They put the key in the hot water and it went right into the door of the car.

Good luck, Hugh!!

Sherry

7. Sherry A.

Schools in Durham are on a 3 hour delay tomorrow. Not sure about Johnston County.

Sherry

8. dietz4ibanez

My wife just got the automated phone call from her school for the 3 hour delay!

9. Lolly42

Lolly42 Well-Known Member

Not for Johnston County, what county does your wife work in?

10. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Roads are fine everywhere. 40/42 to Wake Forest 6:15 to 6:50. Temps are above 32 no freezing, no issues even on bridges.

11. dietz4ibanez

Sorry, she works in Wake County. We just live in JoCo.

12. Sherry A.

13. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Actually it was 10 degrees warmer in Chicago on Tuesday than it was in Fayetteville and. It is suppose to get down to 2 tomorrow. In Detroit tomorow morning I am expecting about an inch of snow.

15. Sherry A.

Well dang, Hugh, you are traveling in the wrong direction. Keep warm and safe.

Sherry

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

find myself with some time to cruise the internet. Waiting for the police to show up after being rear ended this morning.

The kid that hit me and myself are OK but his mom is going to be ****ed!

17. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Glad you are ok!!!

18. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I didn't know that law was enforced. :jester:

19. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Kid wasn't insured so I wanted it all official.

All is good now!

20. Sherry A.

Hate to hear this and that he was not insured but glad both of you are okay. I'm sure his mom is going to be upset. I would be too.

Sherry