SNOW ...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sherry

2. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

I don't think some could even go twice and get ya that much. :oops:

2 X 3 = 6

So it'd have to be a threepeat to get to at least 8. If you caught one of those long sections of cmmercials in some of ths shows you might not even miss any of the show either.

:jester:

:popcorn:

3. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I wonder how snow will affect the Zombies.

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

:cheers:

5. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

This may sound silly, but on my way home I noticed a lot of the roads had already had the brine put down. One road I would of thought that would of had the brine was Polenta and roads butting into it near the high school. But no brine yet.

Also I noticed on abc11 that JOCO is now expected up to about 8"

6. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Johnston County Schools - Early dismissal Tuesday. Middle and high schools will dismiss at 10:30 a.m. and elementary schools will dismiss at 11:15 a.m

7. Rockyv58

Anything about JCC yet? I haven't seen anything yet

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Snowing in Atlanta. How is it doing back at 4042?

9. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Nothing here yet, they are saying now it may not start till later this afternoon around 5 or so.

10. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

well, I am confused...the sun is brilliantly shining here, off Cornwallis. This weather is messed up...:?

11. Rockyv58

Went and picked up one of those snow shovels with the bend in it so I won't have to hurt my back while shoveling.

12. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I am impatiently waiting.

13. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

3" near NC42/NC50 area. Made it to Highwoods this morning in 40 minutes. Usually 25 minutes. NC 50 & 42 snow covered and slow. I 40 snow covered and slow to exit 312 (White Oak). Pretty good after that as is the beltline.

14. Wayne Stollings

And disappointed again when they promised 8 and gave much, much less. :oops::mrgreen::jester:

15. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

It's pretty bad in Durham. Looks like snow days today and tomorrow. The news just report a head on collision about a mile from my house.

Stay safe people.

Sherry

16. Wayne Stollings

You know you would think folks in the south never saw someone doing doughnuts in the snow in an empty parking lot they way they look at you when you do things like that ...... but it is great fun. First time in years I could do a right angle turn since I stopped driving the muscle cars and there stopped being enough snow days to do it in.

17. Rockyv58

South Plantation

Anyone know what the roads are like out by the new high school and the south plantation area.

18. Wayne Stollings

No, I did not intend to imply I drew a crowd, just that those who were passing seemed confused. It would have been the same folks who were also confused when they tried to go up the hills at a constant very slow speed and lost traction half way up.

19. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

AMEN! Which is why last night I was passing people (when it was safe to do so) on the left doing 45 to get up the little hill by Cornwallis on 42 coming from Clayton. They were doing 7 miles an hour. 7..... I just breezed by em and was home in 40 minutes.

20. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Just an FYI, I made it from US70 (bypass)/NC42 all the way to RTP (near 540 and 40) in about an hour at 7am this morning. Was bad out there, but if you drive smart, it is fine. I couldn't believe how many morons I saw out there doing 70 mph on roads completely covered in snow and ice.