Snow

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Yesterday my neighbor gave me a lift over to the Wal-mart on 42. Polenta was a sheet of ice where the traffic light is. And is the curve past the high school. There were three cars in the ditch there, That curve is a bad spot every winter.

2. Rockyv58

Just a thought. The curve on Polenta that always gets iced over due to the shade. Why hasn't the old timey land owners who have been logging our area go and log those trees. They get the $ and it will let sun get down to the curve. Which I would think cut down on the ice and all the cars landing in the ditch. Again just thinking out loud.

3. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

Aye the sun melting yesterday did wonders for lots of places, but theres loads of shady spots that will probably not melt for a few days. Im hoping they plow 210 today so I can get out. I figure they did 42 yesterday with the hospital.

4. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

Rock, I thought you were the one against logging...................when it was in your back yard?

Rockyv58 and cynadon like this.
  5. Rockyv58

Good memory. Yes I was. I was sitting on the commode when I thought that. As I was told it's their property to do with what they wanted. :)

Every year when we get ice there are always a few cars that wind up in the ditch there

6. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

This is different Cork. Not only would the landowner benefit, but so would Rocky. Maybe a half a load of pecan. 4 or 5 jobs like that might pay for hauling in the equipment on one site.

BuzzMyMonkey likes this.
  7. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

NC 50 to NC 42 to I 40 was fine this morning at 8 am. Miami Blvd was a bit icy here and there.

8. Rockyv58

I wasn't thinking the corner of Indian Camp and Polenta I was thinking on that bend on Polenta just past the high school on the same side of the road as Myatt Place. At least two or three rows of trees just enough to let the sun shine on that curve

9. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

Still the same. They ain't big enough to be worth cutting.

BuzzMyMonkey likes this.
  10. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

Now whats funny about it being so cold today and tomorrow... Its suppose to be 70 on Thursday and Friday.

Rockyv58 and Wayne Stollings like this.