So what's going on around Polenta Elementary?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by TheSantaFeMan, Oct 12, 2010.

1. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

This whole thread just confirms my reasoning on never living in a subdivision with HOA. Usually that mean prejudice, back-stabbing, nosey*ss, I'm too good for you neighbors live all around you.

I mean dag!!! Things like this happen everywhere. You cannot shelter your kids for all their living days. *hit happens, deal with it and address it with your kids so it doesn't scare them in the future. LIFE happens .. make sure they know it's not all peaches n cream because if you don't they will be devastated and taken advantage of when they get from under mommy & daddy's thumbs and go out into the big wide world on their own.

ok.. rant over... LOLOL

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  2. Suzie Q

Suzie Q Well-Known Member

I thought background checks were pretty standard. I own rental houses and we always do that. It doesn't mean people who rent are bad. All of mine are wonderful but I made sure to do my due diligence before I chose to rent to them. It is in my own best interest. Sure I can't know what will happen once they move in but doing a little upfront research could possibly prevent problems down the road. It's no reflection on people who rent it's called being a smart landlord!

3. JPinJOCO

JPinJOCO Well-Known Member

Good Point. I dont think the owner is responsible at all. I do wish he woul dsell the house, but I thought that before all of this happened.