So, who are you

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Jun 1, 2007.

1. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

hello newbies - I am an ex-long islander myself. welcome.
    now learn the language fast or they all yell at you. - just kidding.

say so long to 7-11's...

2. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

LMAO! I love the way you worded it!

3. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

thank you mr. Mafia

I think all the deer in the area live on your property..lol

4. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Sorry, but this made me chuckle. :lol:

5. NadiaP

NadiaP Well-Known Member

Hello All..

My family and I just moved here from Albuquerque for my hubbys job. These forums and the people on them were a tremendous help to us in choosing where to live, info on schools, etc. Thank you. We are 30 something, 3 kids. 2in HS and one in 3rd grade. Since i havent yet started working, I am bored, bored, BORED. I was a school cafeteria manager in Albuq. and became spoiled by the hours, summers off, etc. so I would love to get back into that. Any of you Moms (and Dads) know how I would go about that here? Its different than in Albuq as far as it looks like the schools run their own cafeterias instead of comtracting to an outside company like Canteen (who I worked for). I did submit on app online at the school district website but sometimes you wonder if anyone ever actually sees those!

6. fizzco

fizzco Well-Known Member

hello to everyone!!!

my husband and i moved here from nyc little over 5 yrs ago, in our
    30's, self-employed and many of you may now us through his business.

no children, 3 dogs - ( i actually like to call them mini horses 'cause that's the way they sound when running across the yard.) gotta love them

in the extra time that i don't have i like to read, play scrabble and catch a good movie on lifetime.

7. fsb3

fsb3 Well-Known Member

I love scrabble too. My husband wont play with me so I down loaded it on the computer, have you tried that? It is the best 20$ ive spent. My husband says I am a soar winner. My husband used to work in the big apple occassionally. I stage handed there for a while. We come from Massapequa LI. I miss the water, but love the country.

8. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Is there anybody left in New York???

9. Clif

Clif Guest

I've been wondering that myself.

10. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Sure there are people left in New York! They are 60ish.
    Their kids are here and their parents are in Flahriduh. 8)

11. tawiii

tawiii Guest

:lol::iagree::lol:

12. Grace Slick

Grace Slick Well-Known Member

Do you play online? I would love to play Scrabble online with people. I grew up playing that game and still love it. No one in my house will play it with me anymore so it would be fun to play online.

Grace

13. fsb3

fsb3 Well-Known Member

How do you play on line? I would love to play. So let me know and I will go ahead and hook it up.

14. Kiddo_08

Kiddo_08 Member

Ok, I am an 18 year old female, I have no kids (and dont plan on it for awhile), Single (because teenage boys are stupid :))my avatar is me -n- jrotc ppl, and my name is just what my mom calls me,...YAY!

15. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Hey sweetie.

1. Dont' get married until you are at least 30 years old
    2. Not all boys are stupid

16. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Not all boys are stupid, just most. It gets worse when they get older !

17. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Only most of them! ;)

18. jillywilly

jillywilly Active Member

Hi, new to this board. 46 yo with 3 kiddos: 10th grader at CHS, 7th grader at CMS and 4th grader at Polenta. Lived in Johnston Co. for 20 years. I've learned alot from reading the posts here! Thanks!

19. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Hey, saw your other post. Guess we missed this one. We welcome ALL newbies, unless your name is lynn/ricky.

20. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

lmao!