So, who are you

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Jun 1, 2007.

1. ARodrigues

ARodrigues Well-Known Member

29 years old. Married, mom to a 2y/o boy. New to the area from Florida. Paralegal. Love the area so far.

2. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

3. ARodrigues

ARodrigues Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'm looking forward to chatting with people right in the neighborhood!

4. seabee

seabee Guest

You don't know what your getting into.... :jester::jester:

5. KDs had the best advice earlier. Keep a good sense of humor.

6. seabee

seabee Guest

Leave my post alone... it was fine... :jester::jester:

7. mark77

mark77 Member

32 YEARS OLD, DIVORCED,MOVED HERE IN THE SUMMER, BEEN LURKING FOR A WHILE

8. lurking... :rolleyes:

9. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I'm not really a gorilla but I look like one.

Crazymoms name had been at the top of the page for too long.

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I thought I heard someone call you a big hairy ape? ;)

11. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

That wasn't me.
    I'm a medium sized and non-hairy ape

12. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

I've had several PM's lately so I'll answer it here all at once..

I do not hate Yankees. I was born one, but I have the heart of a southerner and I fit in better down here.
    As a whole, in my opinion only, the people in the south are better people than where I come from. More polite, more loving to their spouses, , better parents, better Christians, etc. This is not for true for everyone in either location. It's my opinion and I'm only comparing to my little area of the North. You don't have to agree. It's probably not true for you if you don't know what I'm talkign about.

Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear. And when I do it's usually something revealing.

I grew up in upstate NY, yes, NY, in the Finger Lakes area on Seneca lake.
    Moved away when I was 19. I've been here over half my life but I am NOT a native. I like it here. I stay here by choice.

Now for those of you who don't know, upstate is not the same as the city. The city people would come upstate and try to change it the same way I've seen them do here. My area is very beautiful. Watch a race a Watkins Glen sometime and you will see.

I moved to Va in 1984 and was transferred to Raleigh in 1986. Bought my first house in Clayton in 91.
    My screen name was the result of reading posts on 4042. The day I created it someone was NC bashing and it got my ire up.
    Accept it here, you came here just like me. We are guests of very proud people who have for the most part welcomed us.
    I've been separated/divorced for about 10 years.
    All my stuff is gone so I don't plan to marry again until I have acquired more stuff to give up in the settlement.
    I am now in a committed relationship with a beautiful school teacher. I have no idea what she see's in me. I'm very lucky.
    I have two daughters. A Junior at West Johnston and a 6th grader at Clayton Middle. They are my life. I am so proud of both of them.

13. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

let me know who these folks are who are bothering you. I'll have a word with him. Nobody messes with my monkey. :mrgreen:

14. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

15. Beautiful! That school teacher better hold on to you!

16. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

:lol: i would never make you so jealous!

17. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

:cheers:
    You're right, it is very beautiful. The winters are harsh. Brutal really. I visit several times a year. When I no longer have to make a living I will spend summers up there. Love it here. The people make the difference.

18. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

now that i know you're from NY, your name is even funnier. haha

19. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

It's not NYC. And I'm always happy to lump New Jersey in with NYC. Heck, we can even throw Connecticut, Massachusetts and Florida in there. :jester:

20. I noticed you edited this. Did you have Seabee there first in place of my husband?! Just kidding. Maybe I should've followed Steve's advice and worn a name tag. It would have been cool to meet you!!