Some good advice for the seeker...

Discussion in 'Jobs Network' started by ServerSnapper, Mar 25, 2010.

1. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

When you interview. Show tons of confidense. Not cockiness.

2. wolfcub

wolfcub Well-Known Member

But I would suggest that you make sure that "confidence" is grammatically correct :jester: Sorry SS, could not let that go!!!!

3. ServerSnapper

Good thing to.

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

but remember there is a big difference in confidence and cockiness and any good interviewer will know it:jester: Anyone that brags too much on themselves is a turn off for most employers. Be open to questions, do your homework on the company you are interviewing with admit that you are always ready to learn more and be ready to adapt to what they need right now in this current economy. JMHO

5. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Confidence is good, but it ain't the whole game.

I've seen a lot of of BS'ers (...and may have hired a few). Say what you can do, do what you say, show me who you are and let the chips fall where they may.

Most companies have a probationary period, so if you BS me and win on the interview I'll show you the door shortly after.

6. Oy Vayayay

Oy Vayayay Well-Known Member

I like to eat Oreo cookies immediately before walking into the interview.

7. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

....And always go in with a smile!!! ;)

8. ServerSnapper

I don't care if the people I hire aren't technically strong as I would like them to be. I look more for a team oriented person and someone that will get along with the team. Then I can train them and mold them in to the technical person I need.

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

when i hired, i paid more attention to their background and checking references was a big big point for me, anyone can bullcrap on an interview and give the impression they know what they are doing if they have half a brain, but actions speak louder than words and how they dealt with their last positions is very indicative of how they will deal with their next, so my best advise is do not burn bridges and always do your homework for the company you are interviewing with.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Ain't that the truth!! Dealt with some that looked fantastic on paper but when you called for references or ran a background.................all bets were off. They would have had more of a shot if they had been upfront rather than waiting for the skeletons to come out of the closet.

11. JayP

JayP Well-Known Member

Hire for attitude. Train for skill.

Or something like that.