Sonic Boom

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hught, Sep 7, 2008.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Well - its nice to know he was concerned about the motorcycle..... and of course, your safety too :mrgreen:

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

The same reason they deny other things?

3. colinmama

colinmama Guest

Perpetual Motion had to be involved somehow......:jester:

4. sacosta

sacosta Well-Known Member

I wish I could remember the exact time, but late yesterday afternoon I was cutting my grass when I noticed a fighter jet and my first thought was that it was moving very fast. It had a vapor trail coming off one wing.

I live near DR Wells in the Matthew's Farm subdivision. Did anyone else see that jet?

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Yes!

Cleveland Rd and Grill Rd. I was sitting on the back deck watching the birds and baby rabbit we have in the back yard.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I swear you probably argue with yourself in front of the mirror.

Maybe it's a secret and they don't want to tell us, maybe it's a new plane? Maybe the pilot doesn't want to fess up in fear of getting into trouble. GAWD!

Still it was a jet! :mrgreen:

For Cliffie poo ....

http://www.4042.com/4042forums/showthread.php?t=20588

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  7. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

What did it look like?

8. sacosta

I've been trying to find a picture of it. Does anyone know a website that has good pictures of US fighter jets?

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

10. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Anybody else keep thinking back to Mortal Kombat?

11. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

http://www.af.mil/photos/index.asp?galleryID=40

U.S. Air Force site. Look for either F-22 or F-15E as the most likely candidates. However, I don't know what was at the air show. It could have been any supersonic jet in the area and not necessarily anything local.

12. seabee

seabee Guest

Auroa- top secret jet.

13. seabee

seabee Guest

there was a group of F-15's flying aound the area but it was saturday I saw them

14. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

I don't see anything else about it on WRAl anymore.

15. seabee

seabee Guest

no harm no foul,

16. Dawn

Dawn Well-Known Member

I am with you Harley Girl! When has the government ever "covered" up anything??? :beathorse:

17. sacosta

18. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

19. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

HONESTLY people, if it was a sonic boom created by a jet you are NOT going to see it afterwards! the dang thing is looooooooooooooong gone by the time you hear anything (hence WHY the sound was created... it broke the sound barrier!)

sorry, just want some ppl to realize that seeing a jet after the noise doesnt prove anything. (not saying it wasnt a jet tho...)

but they're obviously coveing someone's hiney. noises that big dont come from nothin!

20. sacosta

I never heard a sonic boom where I was at. I just happened to notice a very fast moving fighter jet around the time everyone is talking about.