sounds too good to be true

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

only thing I found on the 2006 scion xb was an windshield issue. Which I intend to ask about. That is the only down thing I found so far. I found tons of positive reviews on the 2005 scion xb. I found the reviews on kbb.coms web page for it. I am thinking of getting the vin and running it through carfax. Also asking them if they would let me run it past my mechanic. I did find two 2005 scion xb's out at west gate. But they are both a bit more than my budget allows: http://www.westgateimports.net/vehicles. I am going to go by on Monday to take a test drive and go back on Tuesday and bring a friend with me to ask anything I may of overlooked. This is the first time I have ever bought a car through a used car dealer. Never even knew they were there.

2. Rockyv58

3. Rockyv58

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S - Hard Top

Well folks I am going to be buying a car today. Found it at GR Motor Company. A good friend of mine who came with me the past few days looking at vehicles reminded me she had remembered reading good things on 40/42 about GR Motor Company.

This is the link to the vehicle:
    http://www.gr-motorcompany.com/2002_Isuzu_Rodeo Sport_Garner_NC_153445825.veh

I took it to my mechanic yesterday for the once over. Some of the issues they found was there was a bulletin about the engine and possibly losing about a quart of oil per 1000k miles (I condensed this because the documentation is sitting out in my car right now).

He found some rust on the back of the frame. My mechanic suspects that car was up north or at the beach. According to Carfax the car was bought in Hollywood Fl and then went up to Michigan..

The back passengers tire is a little more worn than that other three but it still has some good life in it. I figure I can buy a pair of tires for it in about 20k.

Also there is a crack in the hard plastic spare tire cover. And needs the drivers side visor replaced and a light cover for the drivers side door.
    It needs new wiper blades.

GR Motor is going to give it an oil change and new blades. They have already ordered a new visor for it and going to order the light cover for the drivers door light. The sales man couldn't find another hard plastic cover for the spare so he is going to get me a generic cover like you would see on a jeep or SUV.

I am going to go and get the two year premium extended warranty on it. We went through it yesterday and it should cover the engine oil issue my mechanic had.

I do have a question for any car people out there. The rust on the back frame looked pretty superficial to me but does anyone know where I could get it cleaned and maybe treated with something like a Ziebart coating for a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:iagree:

WE USE ALOT OF POR (PAINTOVER RUST) ON DH'S 77 CHEVY. LOL
    HE UNDERCOATED THE WHOLE TRUCK AND SOME OTHER PARTS WITH POR. GREAT PRODUCT!

5. Rockyv58

Is Loves body shop the one on:
    4084 Nc Highway 42 W
    Clayton, NC 27520
    (919) 553-5739

I'll Check to see if they can do the POR (PAINTOVER RUST) and for how much.

Thanks all