South New Hope Road

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Aug 13, 2023.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if there are any plans what so ever to widen South New Hope Road from Rock Quarry Road up to Old Poole Road?

2. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

markfnc likes this.
  3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

See the thing is I work at UNC Rex. I leave my home around 5am (during the week) and 5:15 (on weekends) to go to work. Even though Much of I-40 is now open. I find myself avoiding it because the people driving it are going way over the posted speed limit of 65. And as I am getting older I am finding myself going slower. I can do the 65 but I truly fear some A hole racing to an office job will rear end me on I-40.

So I find my self taking Cornwallis\White Oak\Jones Sausage\S New Hope Road up to Poole Road then turning on that and getting on I-440 and staying in the right lane till I get to Lake Boone Trail.

I am just waiting on them to finish the bridgework over I-40 (White Oak) and any widening on S. New Hope.

As I get older I find myself being like those old people who drive in the left lane doing 20mph under the speed limit with their right blinker on Unaware of their surroundings. I at least drive in the slow lane with out my blinker on LOL

Hught likes this.