Speeding on 70

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DAVIDMILLER1, Nov 16, 2007.

1. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I'll bet David had no idea he was starting such an epic thread. :lol:

2. Grammie

Grammie Guest

Bless that cop because if it was me I would have pulled out my gun and shot him.

3. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

That guy needs valium....he is funny though. lol. That cop is very patient:lol:

4. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Prove it.

5. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

There is a right of way on every road, highway, etc. Most rural roads have 60' ROW's, interstates and highways have a lot more. Unless they bought the property in fee simple, they only have access to it. A ROW is just like an easement except it provides access to everyone.

7. ServerSnapper

I agree with that. But to be in Public. Common sense would be that an audience is within hearing distance.

8. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

It's a public right of way.

9. cycleman1979

cycleman1979 Well-Known Member

Good rule-of-thumb: anyone who has authority over you, it's probably a good idea to be on your best behavior

ABSOLUTELY!!

In my younger (and considerably dumber) days I was pulled for passing an unmarked police officer on a double yellow...in a turn...at double the speed-limit...on a crotch rocket.

The officer was shaking he was so mad at me when I pulled over. I was super polite/contrite (and scared to death). After he calmed down he gave me a good verbal beating for trying to kill myself/others and let me off with a warning. He could have thrown me UNDER the jail.

Now whenever some punk kid on a rice burner goes screaming by me at 120mph I yell about how they give motorcyclist everywhere a bad name, and they are lucky to be alive.

In retrospect I guess I did my own part of giving us a bad name. I'm babbling...sorry, but I agree, always be nice.

And I'm sorry for being a punk when I was younger...
    M

10. blusdrmr

blusdrmr Well-Known Member

Apparently not.

11. tawiii

tawiii Guest

12. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Not all roads have a ROW owned by the state. Many roads that were taken over by the state from the counties do not have an owned ROW, just a maintained ROW. That is why you can still find property lines to centerlines of roads in older areas. In other cases, the ROW depends on the road classification.

13. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Exactly

14. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Threads like this are always interesting. They show just how people try to bend the laws and the intent of laws to fit their narrow minded lives and situations. Most likely to otherwise agree with the laws at issue.

15. DAVIDMILLER1

DAVIDMILLER1 Well-Known Member

I did not mean for it to go this far or **** so many 4042ers off and I apologize for that. I appreciate all of the good info and for all of the sharp jabs I deserve it. I should have taken my time to get my son to the ER.

16. ServerSnapper

Just because you work for DOT does not make you as knowledgeable as the people who actually work on the roads. Maybe you should send out a memo? So your whole organization has the same information. But we know that will not happen right Tawii.

17. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Huh? You make no sense.

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

19. tawiii

tawiii Guest

20. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

This is a good place to post if you like to read pontification and self-righteous indignation.

(and I must plead guilty, on occasion, too)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2007