Stores you would like to see come to 40/42

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, May 30, 2012.

1. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

I would like a Gabriel Brothers, or Big Lots for box stores. As far as restaurants, why not a good home cooked meal type of restaurant, and also a Smokey Bones (love me some ribs) or Red Robin/Friendly's, Ponderosa, Denny's would also do well there.

And another thing I'd like to see, is a workshop. A place that has all the tools and gadgets for you to do projects without having to buy all the equipment. It'd be set up like a gym sorta, where you pay a membership fee, and you get to use the planer, band saw, jig saw, lathe, etc. It could have a metal shop and wood shop side by side. Obviously you'd have to pass an exam to be permitted to use the equipment and take a required safety course, but it'd be a great way to teach others. Always been a dream of mine, but it will always remain a dream, because I am never gonna hit the lottery.

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

This might be something you're interested in,however it's in Pittsboro:
    http://pittsboronc.net/wood.html

3. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I had the same idea at one time. I often wondered what the legal/insurance aspects would be.

As far as tools, why go for several individual tools when one tool with several accessories would suffice?

[​IMG]

4. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

Love the new sheetz at McGees! I want more out this way!!! No more banks PLEASE!!!!

5. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Having had a ShopSmith growing up I can tell you they are nice, however they honestly can not do the job as well as a dedicated tool

6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I love watching his show. Been watching it since the early 80's

7. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I presume you're talking about "The Woodwright's Shop"?

I also like it, but it's frustrating that he never actually builds anything. He shows each step, but never completes the step. :)

8. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

SECOND!!

9. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

That sounds exactly like the TechShop business model:

//http://www.techshop.ws/index.html

10. Tit4Tat

Third!!! LOL..Hubby would love it.

11. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

So would mine-too much!!

12. Tit4Tat

I keep looking for the "like" button!

13. BossRotton

BossRotton Well-Known Member

some habits are hard to break

14. sirputz

Similar, however every day joe could come to build a bookcase his wife wants, or fix that table, or build some cornhole boards without the large purchase and storage of tools needed. It could be a getaway for guys and girls (my mom would love the idea) and if you didn't finish you could store it till you're done. This wouldn't just be a school to show you how to use it....let's say you already know how but don't have access to it. You just have to prove your proficiency and then can get to work.
    Like I said, a dream forever.

15. sirputz

Similar, however every day joe could come to build a bookcase his wife wants, or fix that table, or build some cornhole boards without the large purchase and storage of tools needed. It could be a getaway for guys and girls (my mom would love the idea) and if you didn't finish you could store it till you're done. This wouldn't just be a school to show you how to use it....let's say you already know how but don't have access to it. You just have to prove your proficiency and then can get to work.
    Like I said, a dream forever.

16. sirputz

Ooooh! A STEELERS BAR!

17. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Mckinley's is a Steelers bar

18. BossRotton

BossRotton Well-Known Member

Is asking for a "Bunny" Ranch" too much ?

19. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Posting in the correct thread this time

Oh and a Pep Boys.

I know we have all the others but sure would like one of them.

And a Wolf Camera

20. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

There is a huge need for an upscale steak house. Or a Chop house type setting. I got tired of driving to Raleigh and Cary for a good steak. Jimmy V's and The Peddler on Glenwood. Other places are over rated and too expensive.