Stores you would like to see come to 40/42

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, May 30, 2012.

1. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Well being that I'm not originally from around here, where is Mckinley's located my good friend? :cheers:

2. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I'd also love to see a Home Depot come to the area. There isn't one in Smithfield and the one in Garner is even further than White Oak. We've noted their prices tend to be competitive and in many cases lower. And since they aren't set up in such an "appealing" way, I tend to spend less overall!

3. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

4. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Did you see this already???

http://techshop.ws/durham.html

Oops! I see now that Gomer already posted this link...the grand opening is coming up soon!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2012
  5. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Actually I think it's been open a while now- one of our MEs brought it to my attention a year or so ago as a possible adjunct to our in-house shop. I'm seriously thinking about trying it out, mostly for the lasers.

/threadjack

6. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I saw the ad on theherald.com. Apparently they have added some new equipment. I did see that they had some special offers through tomorrow, June 19, in association with the Maker Faire. Sounds neat! I would love to see the 3-D printer...

7. panthersdude2001

panthersdude2001 Well-Known Member

Ok, So There is not a Carlie C's in the 4042 area? I thought there was.

8. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

One in Smithfield, Selma and Garner across from Lowes on 401 at 70.

9. panthersdude2001

That Carlie C's is not a Carlie C's in Selma. Its a separate entity of IGA, but isn't owned by Mack himself. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Top picture is the nearest Carlie C's --- the bottom picture is the pseudo Carlie C's IGA in Selma.
    Contrary of what you are saying, there is no IGA in Selma that is owned by Mack. You have to drive all the way to Smithfield.
    Garner is not in 4042 area, but still counts. :p

10. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Technically 4042 is in Garner. (at least by mailing addresses) And BTW your pictures above are not working.

upload_2019-1-31_7-8-29.png

11. panthersdude2001

12. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

13. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

summary of orig list from 8 years ago.

• Harris Teeter
    • Krogers
    • Publix
    • Whole Foods
    • Super Kmart
    • Super Target
    • Home Depot
    • Olive Garden
    • Sweet Tomatoes
    • Used or New book store
    • Regal Movie Theater
    • Old Navy
    • Trader Joe's
    • Panera Bread,
    • Carrabbas,
    • Olive Garden,
    • Bonefish
    • Bass Pro Shop
    • carlie C's (Garner 401/70 intersection)
    • Tractor Supply (coming soon)
    • Chik-fil-a
    • Sheetz
    • Blimpie Subs
    • A full Dunkin' Donuts (like whats on 70 in Clayton)
    • An authentic Cuban Restaurant
    • Target
    • New York Pizza (the one I like is in Cary on Hwy 55)
    • A Thai restaurant
    • Movie theater
    • A dry cleaners that doesn't charge an arm and a leg
    • GoodBerrys
    • Baskin Robbins
    • A pottery/ceramics shop
    • Apple Computer store
    • sweet Creations or YoPop
    • Ceramics/Pottery store
    • Barnes And Noble
    • Gander Mtn.
    • B & BW
    • Phydeaux
    • Belks
    • Krispy Kreme
    • Costco
    • Big Lots

So after 8 years only a few made it, some are not even an option any longer due to being out of business.

14. jesse82nc

Bass Pro Shop and Cabelas are pretty much the same thing. I think White Oak is close enough.

Primo's Pizza in Clayton is about as close to NY pizza as I have had. I grew up on NY pizza in NJ, Primo is pretty good and close.

Gander Mountain doesn't exist any more, it's now been turned into Camping World, which we have on 70 Bus.

I think the Movie Theater at White Oak is plenty close for us. I just wish they would renovate it.

There's also plenty of Sheetz now, and there's a used book store on 70 Bus by Shotwell.

15. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Gander mountain stores are not the same.as the Camping World on 70 business...they sell RVs there. Yes, Gander MTN was bought by camping world and is now being rebranded as Gander Outdoors...that would be a welcome competitor to Cabela's and or a Bass Pro. Putting it at 40/42 would be likely, but a spot on 70 business near Clayton would be nice as well.

From what I've heard, Costco is coming to Clayton on 79 Business soon, pretty excited about that.

Personally, I would like to see some activities to do with my family come into the area. Mini golf or go karts (not rush hour style, Adventure landing style), maybe paintball/airsoft.

16. jesse82nc

They actually closed the Gander store in Raleigh because it was too close to the Camping World in Garner/Clayton. So I don't see them building a new one here. And they are transitioning the remaining Gander stores to be RV dealers for the most part. They closed almost all of the regular Gander Stores in the US.

17. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Wasn't that a sketch on SNL?

DWK likes this.
  18. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

No mention of a Six Flags gift shop though ......

DWK likes this.
  19. Stinger2019

Stinger2019 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't hold your breath on Home Goods. The parent company (TJ Max) has closed all stores due to COVID-19. They say that they are going to re-open them but the two locations close to where I live (Winston-Salem & Greensboro) have closed for good.