Strawberry Festival Should Be Moved!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by RitzGirl, Apr 29, 2006.

?

Should the Festival be moved?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. momz x 2

momz x 2 Well-Known Member

i think that place is a problem even when there is not a crowd.....you can't turn left there because of all of the traffic dumping off of the interstate.....i never go to that light if i am planning on turning left!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

yes it should b e moved. it is getting to big for where it is now.jmo

3. Workaholic

Workaholic Active Member

hey frog..you gotta be kidding, right?
    this year was much bigger and busier than last. me and mine were out there most of tht day just to see all the people set up and get to all the rides. must have been twice as many booths and rides. we did miss the pie throw but the music was great and the dancers. the chamber setup was impressive...the choclate strawberries were to die for!!

4. mordorboy

mordorboy Well-Known Member

Isnt' there an old fairgrounds in the area? Maybe it could be held at the go kart track on Cornwallis Rd.

I just don't think there is enough parking at the old school, but maybe I'm wrong. The chamber could do a quick analysis to compare.

I loved the massages from JCC students. :lol:

And of course seeing the Ale House guys was cool. Looking forward to that.

5. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Nope, not kidding. Not my observation either, work. As I said, I wasn't out there for the largest part.

There weren't twice as many booths, there's fact to that. Non-vendor spaces this year where there that weren't last year, and not vendor were not as far up/down the road...unless the booth spaces were smaller this year...missed the chocolate strawberries :(, but did get to taste the strawberry ice cream. Yummy!

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

If my memory serves me correctly I believe last year was just a bit bigger.

But I enjoyed this one more.
    :)

7. Epiphany

Epiphany Guest

This years festival had many more vendors. And it did seem less spread out - probably because of that.

I liked the chamber booth's set up, too.

I thought it was great weather and a great day for the family.

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Maybe it depended on when you were there - i was totally impressed at the turnout and the booths and the kids had a blast.

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I have never been to the strawberry festival :shock:

10. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Me either. If they sold beer I would have to go though. 8)

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Pick me up on the waaayayyyyy....... :lol: