Subdivision Speed Limits

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by flutebandmom, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

we redid our mailbox after it got hit one to many times. Now if it gets hit, it WILL leave damage! BAAHAHABAAHAHA..Brick all around, filled with concrete and dirt. HIT MINE!!!!

hehehe..getting off soapbox laughing:arrow::arrow:

2. Meaninglessphoto

Meaninglessphoto Active Member

Thats why I hate backing out of your driveway. Im super paranoid im gonna hit it hahah.

3. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

You're really gonna love this, but according to NCDOT mailboxes in the right of way (e.g. next to the road) have to be of "...non-rigid or break away type posts such as a 4" x 4" wooden or small diameter metal pipes..."

"Brick columns or mailboxes on rigid stands such as block, stone or any other type believed to be a traffic hazard will not be allowed within the right of way."

oops...unless your street isn't state-maintained, of course.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  4. Tangie

Tangie Active Member

With a particular nod to Southhills, I don't know about speeders but bejeezes everyone drives down the middle of the freaking road back there. It's a breathtaking experience to nearly have a head on collision each time you get to the crest of a hill.

With the speeding and middle of the road driving, someone's going to catch a cold!

5. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Growing up as a kid here in Clayton our mailbox was hit several times in a month period. Dad finally got tired of it and made the post out of 8 x 8 posts and he also drove railrod spikes into it but left them sticking out about 4-6" at different angles as well.

Never had another problem with the mailbox getting hit after that.

6. jennandchad

jennandchad Active Member

DOT

Our neighborhood in Flowers Plantation certainly has a speed problem like most other. We met with DOT to try to install stop signs and/or speed humps (speed bumps are not allowed). They will review the possibility for installing stop signs (and there are a whole host of scenarios in which they will and will not be used). On the speed humps, they are allowing neighborhoods to install them with a few things of note - you must get 70% approval of the residents and they must be installed per DOT specification at the cost of the neighborhood which also includes a design firm plan. This of course only applies to state maintained roads.

7. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

:lol:eek:ops..Im in a cul de sac. Maybe they wont find me:lol: Noone has been said anything yet.I dont think they will find me.
    Guess post person could turn me in. Then I just let the rottie out. OMG JUST KIDDING!!!:lol:

8. tukasiya

tukasiya Well-Known Member

Good luck complaining to the JoCo sheriffs office. They will not do anything unless they see it.
    This is from personal experience.

9. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Why would they do anything unless they see it or you have viable proof to show to them? Would you prefer that anyone be able to submit a plate number to them and they pursue it? They really don't have the time or resources to chase down folks they can't ticket or prosecute.

10. Navycut

Navycut Well-Known Member

11. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

12. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

There was a guy tried to use my road as a drag strip after the fourth time I decided to go to the road and slow him down. By the time I got to the end of my driveway my neighbor who's. JOCO was home pulled his car across the road. Kid got caught me I was standing there cracking up.