Suggestions Downtown restaurants

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Allioop, Feb 1, 2011.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

My boss loves Tiramisu in N.Raleigh with a passion.

I know I need to get out more...............:cheers: When we first moved here, DS was still a baby and we didn't go out period. Now he's older but we don't have a sitter most times. He's old enough to not be trouble out, but not sure about whether he would enjoy it or not. :jester:

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

he don't need no sitter. ;-) and you and hubby would LOVE The Pit....and Woody's and Sullivans.....and Tiramisu is awesome too. Ask that man to take you on a date girl, you know he would in a heartbeat! :mrgreen:

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:mrgreen: We had a date in December and finally got to try Terrafin. :jester:

I'm embarrassed to say how long it had been before that!! :boxing:

4. Crysta

Crysta Guest

2 words: Screamin' Mimi's

We drop our kids off, and they get to have a great time playing while we have a great time doing whatever it is we want to do. No need to schedule anything in advance or worry about finding someone reliable. I was nervous about the place at first, but my kids love it and several hundred hours later, we've had no problems.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I wish!! He's 11, soon to be 12. I left him there one day last year in an emergency and he HATED it, LOL. He's too old for it, I am afraid. I would have loved it had it been available when he was younger. :cheers:

6. KellBell

well then it's probably time girl!:)

7. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

We second 18 Seaboard and we love Jibarra

8. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

My girls LOVE that place. I don't take them much during the school year, but in the summer it's great. It's a win-win, I get a break and they get to play. They always ask when they can go back.

9. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Well-Known Member

Wow, I've only heard of one of those places...Woodies. They do have really good food there are lots and lots of beer selections. Is Sushi Blues only a Sushi place? My wife loves sushi but I don't.

P.S. Are all these places downtown? I think I'm going to take Mrs. S out tonight. Anyone want to join?

10. roca1216

roca1216 Well-Known Member

Check there sanitation grade!

11. KellBell

You can get all kinds of yummy stuff besides sushi.... they have chicken, lobster, tuna, tempura style anything...

http://sushibluescafe.com/coolest_n...ushi_and_Japanese_food.blues_jazz_atmosphere/

tell your wife to be sure and try the 'wolfpack' roll (it's one of my favorites, ever.)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  12. shygrrl

shygrrl Well-Known Member

The Pit has great BBQ but they have the BEST fried chicken EVER!!!! Had it twice and it's the best I have ever had, even better than HOMEMADE! And I don't know where they get chickens that big but 1 leg and my sides filled me up!!