Summer Pool Membership

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by QueenBee, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

McGee's Crossroads Pool is in Desert Pines S/D off BH Parrish Road and near NC50.
    Address 210 Driftwood Trail, Benson, NC 275o4.
    # 894-4276 (Summer only)
    Web site is www.mcgeespool.org

2. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Hey Kelyel! I sent you a pm but it said you are full and need to clean some pm's out!! 8)

3. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Added!

4. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Box cleaned....

5. electricsin

electricsin Guest

not in the 40/42 area, but the SRAC in Smithfield usually runs a 3 month special for the summer for around $75 in May if you sign up before Memorial Day....

6. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Under new ownership. May be worth looking into. We just joined today. It's only $175 for the year for a family of 1-2. Goes up from there.

http://www.victoriapondswimclub.com/

7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Riverwood has a Groupon deal right now, 599 for one year membership - this is a good deal considering you can use it at all locations (Tralee, Eagle Ridge, Lionsgate, etc), and it includes gym and golf membership plus Riverwood also has an indoor pool.

8. Cleopatra

9. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

We joined today, think it will be much better than last year.

10. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

I went and met the new owner before joining. I wanted to make sure....

She seems really nice and very excited to be there.

11. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I went by there today to see what it was like. We are looking for a pool membership too. It seems kind of small for a public pool. The picture on the website made it seem bigger. The area around the pool is what seemed kind of cramped too. I wonder how many people are allowed to be there all at once?! :lol:

12. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Do they have LIFEGUARDS?

13. tryingtomakeadifference

tryingtomakeadifference Active Member

I emailed them last week and never got a return message. We want to sign up, but guess I'll have to go by there to do it.

14. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

Jennifer, the new manager, just got married last Saturday so that might be part of the delay.

15. tryingtomakeadifference

tryingtomakeadifference Active Member

I'm not sure I know how to say this without it coming out wrong, but here goes.

Am I expecting too much out of a pool membership? I went and looked at a few of these today and I was not impressed (at least with the ones closer to Benson/Angier/Willow Spring). I have nothing to compare them to other than the ones I know from growing up in N. Raleigh, so that may be it, but most are just small pools. Any larger swim/tennis clubs available on this side of town? And, no offense, but my daughter asked if one of them was 'broken' because it was quite run down.

16. Cleopatra

Check out the Groupon I posted for Riverwood

17. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

- BUMP -

Any other places that people found?

18. wed2x

wed2x Well-Known Member

This will be our 3rd year at Clayton's "old pool" and we love it.

19. Cleopatra

20. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

When you click on "Buy" the only thing left is the golf for $25. The 599 says sold out. It is a good deal if it comes around again though. We let our membership go years ago when I left the JoCo school system and had to pay the regular rate. We didn't go enough to justify the monthly cost, but $599 for a year is a great deal for a family that would use it!