Summer Pool Membership

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by QueenBee, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

That's too bad :(

Yeah, it's cheaper than a JOCOPS LEO FIRE EMT discount.

2. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Any updates on pools membership choices? We are trying to decide where to join this year. I wish that groupon would come back! :)

3. mingomama

mingomama Well-Known Member

Love the idea

Of a splash park, and... lots of shade.

4. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Breathing new life into an OLD Thread.......................
    Are there any new Neighborhood Pools that COULD be Swim Team Pools? The pool would need to be 25 yards long, at least 4' deep, have a minimum of 4 lanes, have lights & lifeguards. Anyone? In JoCo or the edge of WaCo?

5. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

McGee's has a swim team and I think they have meets at their pool.

6. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

YES! McGee's Pool is in the Southern Metro Swim League with HQ, SRAC, Glen Laurel, Flowers, Edgebrook & Hampton Ridge. Turner Farms has no team or pool this summer. Really wondering if any new neighborhoods have a swim team style of pool?

Sherry A. likes this.
  7. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Now, where I grew up, the pool was a public pool with summer memberships for individual, and family. But they also had a day rate that would allow you to swim for the day. That was where all the kids went. I learned to swim there in lessons, and went to swim everyday of the summer. All I had to do was show my pass.
    Is there any pool around here that allows just single day visits? And not have to be a full summer or year-round member?

jesse82nc likes this.
  8. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Funny, my wife and I were just wondering the same thing. Anywhere you can go for a single day?

9. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

smithfeild acqua center is daily pay

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Don't know if you are interested in it, but if a hotel has a nice pool, you could rent a room and have access to the pool for the whole family.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    jesse82nc likes this.
  11. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Smithfield Recrecreation and Aquatic Center (SRAC) is the only "Day Rate" pool that I know of in Johnston County. There are a few Day Rate pools in Wake Co.
    Aquatic facilities are so very expensive to develop and operate that few towns can afford to jump into the Pool Business.

Sherry A. likes this.
  12. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Yeah, I get it's expensive. The pool I grew up with was privately owned and just recently shut down. It was losing water and losing business. But other area pools were gaining members and day rate attendance. I kinda wish we had one around here like we had back home. RIP Crystal Pool

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Auxie, Sherry A. and Rockyv58 like this.