TAG Automotive

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Luvgoose1, Dec 31, 2010.

1. PowerTim

PowerTim Well-Known Member

Thanks, Bobby.

I realize not everyone will have the same experience, but I have used TAG Automotive on several occassions, for both minor and major repairs and routine services. When I relocated to this area three years ago, I asked and checked around for a quality local shop and TAG was recommended by more than one person. Anyhow, I chose to post because of an issue with my five year old truck. It died on me a little over a year ago, right out of the blue. I contacted Bobby, who had the vehicle towed to his shop, and he and his techs found the problem. The part and repair was not cheap, but fairly priced. Anyway, the manufacturer sent me a recall letter last month for the same part that Bobby had replaced. Tag graciously provided me with all paperwork I needed, spoke to the manufacturer when they contacted him and it looks like the manufacturer will be refunding me for the repairs. Just sayin', I've aways been happy with Bobby and his customer service.

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Unfortunately just towed our truck home from Tag, after almost 3 weeks they could not figure out the problem but the condition our truck was returned to us in is totally unbelievable, but before going into details on this i will discuss & share the pictures with them and give them a chance to make it right, will follow up on here tomorrow evening

3. Smudger

Smudger Well-Known Member

probably a Dodge

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Why would you think that?

5. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

why not Brian's ?

6. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

:iagree: We highly recommend him; He knows what he is doing, and his prices are more than fair. We are glad to finally have found a mechanic we feel we can trust :cheers:

7. Bluewillow

Bluewillow Well-Known Member

:iagree::hurray: Honest and knows cars! Great combination!

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Long story, took it to Tag for a simple oil change to begin with, truck broke down, took it back to see if they had done something to make that happen, 3 weeks later they return our vehicle to us in, now I'm being nice, not in good condition after saying they couldn't figure out the problem. It is at Brian's now & i am still waiting to hear from Bobby on resolution of the condition i received it back in. i will give him the opportunity to make it right if and when he contacts me as his mgr said he would.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  9. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

wow. Love hate love hate love love hate love love hate.

It's only an opinion like the rest. Maybe you guys just have crap cars? You can't fix crap. You have to flush it. Dang erry body knows that. Dang boi

10. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I have never had anything other than a positive experience with TAG.

Bobby has never asked us to do unneccesary repairs.

He's given me great advice (don't waste the money to fix this car, it's not worth it)

He's even told us when he couldn't figure out what the problem was despite going through it, and to take it to the dealership.

Once, one of his guys in the shop charged us for a diagnostic. He apparently didn't know that Bobby had told me he didn't plan on charging me. Hubby didn't want to make a scene and paid it. I called Bobby the next day, he immediately reversed the charges and offered his most sincere apology.

I know that everyone has an opinion, so I'm just sharing mine. Bobby has done more than enough to earn our trust and our business. He would be the first person I would think of when I think of auto repair.

11. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I had a horrible experience (as I have shared and simply stopped responding to avoid a whizzing match) and my sis has as well. Won't be going back there. Having said that, my mom always told me that if we all liked the same thing, we'd get killed in a race to get there!

12. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

numb nut

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Based on the pictures of Kaci's truck that I saw and the condition they left it in..... I will NEVER go to TAG auto, period.

Seeing those pictures and hearing how they are playing the blame game and not returning her phone calls.... makes me love the mechanic we use.

Car sick.....call Carwell!

We use Jeff Carwell @ Carwell Auto Repair in Clayton, he is off of Little Creek Church Rd., near the 70 bypass.

http://www.carwellautomotiveinc.com/

14. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I'm bumping this thread back up, just because I want to make clear to anyone who might be wondering, that I don't advertise for TAG.

I'm not getting paid, I'm not getting free or discounted services because I gave them a great review. I am simply giving the courtesy of a great review to a company that I think did a great job.

Apparently....someone thought I was...

Someone...was wrong.

Glad we had a chance to clear that up....

...smh....some people....