Tag Number??

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by wolfcub, Aug 7, 2007.

1. wolfcub

wolfcub Well-Known Member

So this guy chased them through entire counties and provided a vehicle description but never got a plate number??

2. cycleman1979

cycleman1979 Well-Known Member

Maybe his license tag light bulbs were out...bet he fails his next state inspection...hehe.

M

3. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

nice:mrgreen:

4. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

well since ya'll are talking cars, my ac is not working! :x

5. cycleman1979

Ken,

I've got to admit...I'm a child of the fuel injection era. Unfortunately the age of technicians who are truely adept at carb. work is coming to a close. I have one technician that I would feel comfortable putting on this kind of work. When I showed him your question/request he immediately knew the tool to which you were refering. Unfortunately he no longer owns that tool...we haven't been in the business of carb work for some time now. I asked him of a reputable/local shop that should be able to handle this issue and he recommended Ashworth's Performance in Fuquay. I don't know this shop personally so I can't vouch for them, but this technician has never steered me wrong. Sorry I can't help you with that, let me know how it works out, and if there is anything else I can do.

M

6. cycleman1979

Was: Tag Number Now: A/C 101.

Ken hit the nail on the head...a couple of other pointers; don't ever mix R134a (the new style freon) with R12 (the old style), don't ever use a freon "blend", don't ever use A/C system "sealant" or "leak stop" as they will only cause massive problems down the road. A/C problems are almost always a problem with refrigerant level, mechanical defect (Compressor problem, blower motor, blend door), or electrical (Control panel, wiring, etc.). If you know someone like Ken that is willing to help you with "charging" the system up that can save you a great deal of money in the short term. A/C systems are sealed systems by design, so they should never get low...they don't "use" freon like a car uses gas. In reality, all A/C systems leak very slowly over time... The seals used in automotive A/C systems simply don't hold the freon forever. Most cars will need to be charged every 6-7 years if they have no true leaks. If a car is charged and leaks back down in one season or less then it likely has a significant leak that will need to be pinpointed and repaired. Often, we find multiple leaks in a car's system if it has not been serviced in the past. Normally the worst leak shows itself first, and any secondary leaks aren't found until the original leak has been repaired. Hope this helps to at least educate a little. Let me know if I can help in any other way.

7. cycleman1979

Anyway I will try that shop if I still can't locate the tool by next week. Last time we checked Advanced Auto didn't even carry the tool.

Ken[/QUOTE]

I believe its called a "double D adjuster"...or some such nonsense.

8. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

.....name dropping......[​IMG]

just messing with you...

9. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

well now to make a point of it (whether your implications or my ignorance) how many people could there be that build mud racing trucks and are nationally ranked between here and Jacksonville?

10. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

Yes my brother looked at it and told me what I needed to get for him to fix it. If he doesn't fix it soon I may let you take a look at it. Thank you.