tanning

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by cmdknw06, Feb 19, 2007.

1. cmdknw06

cmdknw06 Well-Known Member

Anyone know of the cheapest and best place for tanning in the 40-42 or mcgee's area ONLY?? I used to go the tannin shack, but they're prices have gone up alot, or at least they had last time i checked...
    thanks!
    K

2. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

Might want to read this article about tanning.

Couple years ago, a 36 yo co-worker of mine died from skin cancer, leaving behind a 6 yo child. And I know two other people who have had skin cancers removed before they spread.

3. cmdknw06

I posted asking for prices, I know the risks..not to be mean, but if you can't post prices, please don't post preaching.
    K

4. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Sounded like simple healthful advice to me... not preaching. AL? You a preacher these days? ...didn't think so.

Not to be mean, but why don't you try the yellow pages.

5. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Can't help on places. I live in Wilsons Mills.
    FYI:
    Did you know there are benefits to tanning??
    I use it to get rid of psoriasis. Helps too. SO TAN ON!!!

6. cmdknw06

Just saying that 1. I'm looking for someone who's actually been there, I need somewhere good, and 2. if someone goes there and has a positive recommendation and knows the prices, I could save myself time!
    K

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I'd rather live with psoriasis (which there are prescriptions/cremes for) which won't kill me, than doing any more damage than the natural sun already does and giving the chances for skin cancer a helping hand.

8. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

You can use my deck for $1/hr. Cheap enough? :mrgreen:

Sorry, the hormones must be acting up again. ;)

Seriously, there is a new tanning place in the Hwy 210 Food Lion shopping center (McGee's Xroads). Have you checked there?

9. cmdknw06

yeah, I know where they are, I'm looking for prices and hot beds and personal experience. I have my own deck and could happily use that, but i WANT to go to the tanning bed, please don't post with judgements or saying how horrible it is for skin, thanks, I"m aware, I am an adult, therefore I can make my own decisions.
    K

10. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

By that comment, you don't have psoriasis!! If you had it, you'd say different. The creams and other meds doctors give you do not get rid of psoriasis, it controls it, The tanning bed gets rid of it COMPLETELY!! So I'll take that risk of cancer. If you perfer not to tan then so be it. ALL of us who do tan know the do's and dont's. We are all adults here.

11. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Only trying to help. Geez.

12. cmdknw06

Not being mean, but when I asked for prices, I didn't include, "please let me know your opinion" since this is the BARGAIN board, I thought I might find a bargain!
    K

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I do have it, thats why I made the comment!! I also have friends and family who have/had skin cancer and have had to have areas of skin removed... it's not pretty either, and untreated or just gone un-noticed can be much worse than psoriasis. I guess the thought of death is better than psoriasis to some... i'm sorry for you.

Anyways.. we're interrupting cmdknw06's quest for tanning bed pricing.. so back to it girls!

14. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

It is also a public message board and people who are members actually post responses to things. Since everyone has an opinion, be prepared for anything when you post on a public message board.

15. cmdknw06

Guess I was wrong for thinking i could get USEFUL info!
    K

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

At the gym, Body Contours, up on 42, they do tanning for very good rates, the beds are good but hard to get into sometimes.

17. cmdknw06

Thanks! I used to go there and had forgot about them!
    K

18. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

FYI, anyone can get skin cancer regardless of sun exposure. I used to work for a dermatologists and we treated children all the time that had small skin cancers. Dont get me wrong, tanning beds and laying out in the sun greatly increase your risks, however, it is another one of those personal choices we all choose to make. (and it is a wonderful treatment for psoriasis and can greatly improve acne) I choose to "fake bake" but I do so moderately.

Try the new place that opened on 42 (Ashely Turner Building) they are probably offering grand opening specials.

19. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

You could call the Tanning Shack back? Since you were a customer before, maybe they want to keep your business and could give you a 4042.com rate??

sorry ecugurl if I'm overstepping my boundries. People do this to me all day long. Price shop.:?

20. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

There are so many risk with everything!

If you not ghostly white and have a hat, long sleeve's on when your always in the sun, you are at risk of skin cancer period. I personally think it has a lot to do with your genetics and skin tone and if you use some sort of sun screen.

If you are overweight you at risk for heart attack, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, cancer, etc. etc. the list goes on and on for this one.

If you are smoker or are around any smoke you are at risk for lung cancer and many other forms of cancer.

If you consume too much alcohol...you are risk for high blood pressure, liver damage, etc. etc.

These days you can't even eat peanut butter w/o risk.

I say..enjoy life, it's yours to live. Do the things in life that you enjoy...your at risk for everything anyway!