tanning

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by cmdknw06, Feb 19, 2007.

1. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

For Sale

There is a ad for a tanning salon for sale up on 210/40, didn't say the name..but said it has 4 beds and room for adding on. God I would love to have my own business so close to home!

BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY: Busy Tanning Salon for sale
    Categories: Business Opportunities No
    Photo

Ad Number: 84995
    Date Posted: 03/31/2008
    12330 Nc Hwy 210
    Benson, NC 27504
    USA
    Telephone: 919-934-1170
    E-Mail: Reply to Ad
    Web Site:

Description
    Well established tanning salon for sale. Busy area located just a couple of miles from West Johnston High School. Hundreds of registered clients. 4 Tanning beds with room for expansion. Massage therapist now in place renting a room. Great location at I40 AND Hwy 210. McGees Crossroads area. All beds computer controlled at front desk. Beds, inventory, all accessories and low lease payment. Great deal. Serious inquiries call 919-934-1170 or 919-422-3203 ask for Niki.

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

A Day at the Beach is located in the Ashley Turner bldg (on 42). The prices are 39.99 for 1 month (for reg 12/20 min beds) and student rates are 29.99.
    I started going there last mth and its very nice, people are very nice. Evenings can be busy though, afternoons are usually not so busy. 8) (I need a 'tanned' smiley!)

3. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Oh cool...thanks

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

If you join for a year, it is only $19.99 a month for those that crave a little color all year long i was told.

5. bandmom

Yes, that's correct, but I think there is an initial cost for yr-round, in addition to the 19.99 mthly charge.

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Yeah, the girl that gave me the info said there is an initial charge of $19.99 for the year in addition so basically the first month you pay $39.98 and $19.99 each of the next 11 months.

7. bandmom

Oh, well - that's not too bad then.

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i was thinking about joining cause even though i have a pool, with the hours i am working i just do not see me having time to spend much time in the pool. i haven't tanned in about 4 years but i always did love the relaxation and bit of the day with no phones, work, or interruptions. Do you have to make appointments there or how hard is it to get in if you just walk in, my schedule is so crazy it would be hard to make an appt. Also, are there some beds that are better than others in your opinion?

9. bandmom

To use the 12/20 min beds you do not need an appt, not sure if they even take appts for those. They have several 12 and 20 min beds, so there is not usually a long wait, I've been a few times after 6pm and the wait is about 15-20 min, I try to go earlier when I can. I normally use the 12 min beds, if you want to relax, then maybe the 20 min would be better for you. Personally, I feel like I tan more in the 12 min.

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Cool, if i do it it will probably be around 6pm. One more question, how many 12min beds do they have. Yes i like the relaxation but right now time is my biggest problem.

11. bandmom

Sorry, I don't know for sure - I think I have been in 3 different ones.

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, maybe i'll run into you one evening up there:)

13. bandmom

Maybe! although I think this is my last week :cry: I've got to check on that tonight. I started early cause I had an outdoor wedding to go to this past weekend and this weekend I'm going to the beach :hurray:.

14. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I noticed yesterday Sahara Sun (tanning place on 42 beside H&R Block, on the Bojangle side of 42) has a sign on the door 'Business for Sale, Inquire within'.....anybody know the scoop????....Donna wasn't in there for me to get the skinny.....

15. rushlow2004

I saw a ad about in the classifieds about a week ago while I was looking for something else. I thought I posted about it here. Wish I had the money to do it myself. I love to own my own place.
    Sheri

16. Rostrawberry

Well I am going to try out "day at the beach" this evening. I have to give myself a nice glow for a wedding that I am in June. I am not so sure why I am nervous...I have used tanning beds before ...5 years ago.

I am just a lil stressed out with the kids I guess :)

17. rushlow2004

I want to tan so bad! I just don't want to spend the money right now on it.

18. Rostrawberry

Just do it....at first I was restless just laying there because its been so long for me since I have done this. But I finally settled towards the end and it was nice. I am finally doing something for me...to relax.

The place is really nice and Brittney was very helpfull to me. Thanks

19. rushlow2004

I did look into it up here at my area at 210, I want a place that is open more hours and on Sunday. I just felt if I'm going to pay for unlimited time then I want to know I can go anyday of the week. The hours just weren't good.
    Plus my hair is showing roots already grrrrr so I'm going to have to put money aside for that as well. Told the girl not to lighted it up so much that I can see the roots come in.
    Sheri

20. Rostrawberry

I know what you mean...I wish there was someone near 210 area. I know there is one by 2 Cousins but if I remember correctly...they were pricey.