Target & Hawley's

Discussion in 'Jobs Network' started by kdc1970, Apr 9, 2009.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

For those interested, I saw that Target @ White Oak had the hiring sign up on their door. It read to go to the website.

Also, on the way back, noticed that Hawley's campers had a hiring sign up on their lighted sign on Hwy 70 between Garner & Clayton. It said no phone calls, so I'd just go in person.

Hope it helps!

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

DANG!!!

Discount @ Target & Hawleys?

Sign me up!!!!

I may just fire myself tomorrow!

3. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

I don't see the Hawley's gig as a viable option. Owning an RV has offered me much insight as to how expensive it is. And, with the ecnomoy as it looks, I don't foresee many folks sheleling out big bucks for new RVs or campers or towables.

I haven't seen big ticket items moves our of Hawley's in a while. And I am in there/by there often.

Suppose they offered a 10% commission on sales. You have to sell 16, 000 worth of RVs and towables to make 1600 bucks = 400 a week. I think it more likely that they may offer 5%. That's not much, even less of little is moving off the lot.

Check out the economic news about Elkhart, Indiana, the home of RVs with the majority of manufacturer's in that area. Layoffs abound.

That's an industry that will take a while to come back. If it's not a bad ecnonomy, it'll be the increase in fuel costs.

We're lucky to get 8-9 mpg, with a 55 gallon tank. Yes, I carry my hotel with me, but unless I'm boondocking somewhere, I have to pay rent at a campground of some type. Campground this weekend gave us the discounted price of 40 bucks per day.

As I said, I don't see this section of the economy bouncing back anytime soon. There's gonna be massive consolidation and eve with that, surivial isn't a good risk.

YMMV

H6

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I have no idea, I was just passing it along. :?

5. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Maybe Hawley's is looking for people to work on the campers, not sell them? That's a possibility...

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That's what I was thinking.................the marquee didn't say what the position was.

7. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

We have a travel trailer too and in calling around, the campgrounds are much busier this year. I think it's simply that last year the price of gas kept many of us home more and a number of people put their RV's on a seasonal site so at least they could drive a smaller vehicle to it instead of hauling one. We spent over $200 in gas just taking ours to Myrtle Beach last summer for one trip! We also know the owners of a local place that sells RV's and he says business is picking up. The motorhome industry is still in trouble but it's a different age group typically who select those and they are still hurting from stock losses and such. We intend to use our RV as much as possible this year! Maybe we need a 4042 campers club?