Tax Free Weekend

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by gatorg89, Jul 7, 2008.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

We went to Crabtree on Friday - the parking was pretty crowded for a week day, but once inside it wasn't too bad. Forever 21 has added a plus-size section - and now dd loves to shop there, so we mainly just stayed at that end of the mall. :lol:

2. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

We were at Kohl's Friday night and Saturday. Saved over $200! One lady saved $897! No crowds and the selection was pretty good.

Went to Staples and Walmart on Saturday and they weren't bad either. I was pleasantly surprised.

Bandmom, is Forever 21 connected to Rue 21 in any way?

3. bandmom

I don't know - haven't been in Rue 21? But they do have some cool young looking clothes!

4. michelle

LOL, then take my advice and NEVER let your DD discover that store or you will be like me . . . I'm there at least every other weekend. Of course, DD could go without me but then she wouldn't have me there to pay for her clothes :?

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Went to the outlets up in Smithfield on Saturday, I went in the back way and typically park in that big empty parking lot, and sure enough it was empty again. I cut through to the store front and saw officers directing traffic and folks doing the Christmas Shopper crawl!

Folks, don't tell anyone else about this (just my 4042 friends) but it is usually a shorter walk to the car also.

6. bandmom

Does Rue 21 carry plus sizes for teens? She's kinda in-between, but usually Jr sizes don't fit her and its hard to find something 'hip and happening' in the ladies dept.............:lol:

7. michelle

They go up to an XL in shirts and I believe a 15 in pants.

It won't be much longer and my DD won't be able to shop there.