tax refund question

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Mar 8, 2012.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Did you get your refund back?
    still waiting on my whopping $51.00 from the state. LOL

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Nope...........but I haven't filed yet. :jester:

3. harleygirl

DANG! I was thrilled to get $ back from the FED, DH has already something he needs to do with it. LOL He kills me. :mrgreen:

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yeah, right there with you! Which is why I haven't filed yet. If we get it...........a new ATV will be taking up more space in my garage!!

I'm hoping he sells the V-Star before anymore purchases of toys happens.

5. harleygirl

Has he thought of taking it up to the dealership and put it on consignment, that's what we did with the 03 Harley when we sold it. We took it up to Bikers Blvd up on glenwood Ave, I don't remember what their fee was but it wasn't awful.
    Good Luck in selling it!

6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I am still waiting for my money. I am suppose to get back a whole 394.00

I have been getting the same message for over two freakin' weeks:

Your tax return has been received, however processing is not complete. Refunds are being issued as quickly as we can get them processed and completed. We are unable to estimate an exact time frame for when a refund will be sent. Current completion times are similar to those experienced last year. We encourage you to e-file, electronically filed returns without errors or mistakes can be processed faster than paper returns; it is not only faster, but also reduces the risk of errors. We update refund information by 6 PM daily. Your refund information will remain the same throughout the day. Please wait at least 24 hours before inquiring again.

[rant on/]
    What takes them so F'ing long. My cpa filed it electronically back in mid February!!!!!! And you wonder why they can not get anything accomplished in this state. Takes them forever do to anything.....[rant off/]

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

looks like we owe on federal this year..:banghead: :banghead: :cry: :cry: :evil:

8. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

From a WRAL article:

[T]he following note from Beth Stevenson, a spokeswoman at the N.C. Department of Revenue, is good news concerning this year:

"As for refunds, they are being processed and checks (or direct deposits) are going out every week. Right now we are a little ahead of last year. As of Monday, we have sent refunds to 1,244,341 refunds totaling $663,658,763.39. Last year we had sent refunds to 1,067,314 taxpayers totaling $561,073,179.12. As always we are working to issue refunds as quickly as possible, with the goal of getting out refunds that do not have errors or require review within 45 days."

9. Rockyv58

Got this message on the refund site this morning:

Thank you for filing electronically. Your 2011 refund check has been written. Please allow 2 weeks for delivery.

10. Yes2day

Yes2day Active Member

Guess we will be e-filing next year. We usually only get around $50 back and didn't want to spend $20 to e-file to get that little back, kind of a waste. So, we mailed it in Feb 1st. By the first of March, still hadn't been received when we checked the website. Called, "Oh, they hadn't received it, but we could go ahead and send a duplicate and make sure you put "Duplicate" on it." So we did, called yesterday morning to make sure they got the duplicate. Well, turns out they received the original, February 6th, their system read the return wrong; didn't pick up the decimal when it went in, it dropped income and everything else down from thousands $s to tens $s. The system then red-flagged it. We made sure that there was a phone number to call on the return. My question was; "When were they going to notify us that there was a problem, after the tax deadline?" They had it for a month and a half and we had to call twice. In finding all of this out, they had to send us to the Level 2 Rep and she was very nice and was able to go pull the actual return, review it and key it in correctly for us while we were on the phone.

11. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

e Filed on 2/20/2012. Received Federal refund on 3/1/2012. Have not received NC refund as of today. Ole Bev is still using my $$$! Status check online indicates:
    "Your tax return has been received, however processing is not complete. Refunds are being issued as quickly as we can get them processed and completed. We are unable to estimate an exact time frame for when a refund will be sent. Current completion times are similar to those experienced last year. We encourage you to e-file, electronically filed returns without errors or mistakes can be processed faster than paper returns; it is not only faster, but also reduces the risk of errors. We update refund information by 6 PM daily. Your refund information will remain the same throughout the day. Please wait at least 24 hours before inquiring again."
    ie NC does not have the money!

12. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Yep, same here except we e-filed mid-February. Very frustrating. We try really hard not to owe or get a refund, but this year it was hard to know since DH was unemployed for several months. Now that we are due a refund, we would appreciate receiving it. :boxing:

13. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Me too! I do not like the govt using my money.

14. Rockyv58

:iagree:

15. harleygirl

Got my $ :hurray:

16. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

We just got ours. :)

17. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Got ours today...FINALLY!

18. Ramjet

Ramjet Active Member

Not Yet

Haven't filed yet, probably will sometime in July......I have always received interest on money that IRS has been late sending due to their mistake...