TerraFin Station - reviews only please

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tassy, Aug 22, 2010.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Had the Reuben and it was great - kudos to Chef Nate:cheers:

2. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

That was some long lunch you had missy.

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Its only unlimited Mimosa's, Bloody Marys are priced per drink.

But otherwise, the brunch was fantastic and the new menu items look great. The tavern burger was great last night.

4. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

the sign out front says $5 burgers on Mon nights.
    We need to get by there and try some! :)

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Their classic burger with one side item is $5 on Mondays, the rest of the burgers were the $3 off. Like DH said, don't know if the $3 off the other burgers was just last night or if its a regular special now.

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

sorry, guess i was misinformed by the bartender, she told me both were unlimited during a certain time period and Craig, wish it was such a long lunch, was just busy when i got back to the office so was late posting:lol:

7. hrcnsfan

hrcnsfan Well-Known Member

My wife and I went there last week (Sunday the 17 maybe...?). She ordered the salmon medium rare (yes...a little raw in the middle) and I ordered the ribeye medium rare.
    Her first piece of fish came out well done so had to send it back. Second one was fine.
    My steak was just a little beyond medium rare but not too bad and was also a nice thick cut of meat. However, while it looked (kinda) like a ribeye, it tasted like, and had the texture of, a new york strip. It wasn't bad, mind you, it just didn't taste like a ribeye and wasn't as tender as you'd expect.
    We weren't hugely impressed.

8. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

Went to Terrafin last weekend for Sunday brunch. My first experience there about two months ago was good, but this time not so much. I had a party of 6. There were only a few other parties dining when we arrived. First, the food came out at very different times. Two people who were served first were completely finished eating by the time the last person's food came out, which is odd considering the restaurant wasn't busy. I ordered the lobster and shrimp mac and cheese, which I had heard a lot of good reviews about on here. It wasn't bad, but I expected the shrimp to be grilled, not broiled. The broiled texture was mushy, which didn't have any contrast to the pasta and lobster. Another person at my table ordered a dish with grits. The grits were nice in consistency and flavor, but were cold. Everyone else seemed satisfied, but it just wasn't as good as the first time I went, food and service-wise. I'll try it again, though.

9. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I haven't read all the posts so I'm sorry if someone has already answered this, but has anyone been there for karaoke yet? I just wondered how it was there?

10. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Terra fins- karaoke?? Please, its a restaurant.

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I don't think they do karaoke, The Tavern next door does karaoke on Wed. and Sat. nights.

12. Allioop

You're right! I noticed that yesterday. I was thinking it was at Terrafin's.

13. Allioop

Several restaurants that have a bar also have karaoke... Champps, Applebee's, or Fox and Hound just to name a few...

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

WOW - Terrafin's will have been opened one year on Aug 19th, congrats to them :cheers:

15. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

That's at least a recent record for that location. Hopefully they'll be there many more years!

16. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Congrats to Terrafin!!! DH & I love Terrafin, we were there last Saturday night and as usual, it was AWESOME! Great food and super nice waiters and waitresses!

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Their scallops are the best I have ever had........................now I want scallops. :cheers:

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Mmmmm :cheers:

19. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Just got this email :hurray::hurray:

Please help us celebrate on Friday, August 19th. We will have food and drink specials all day long with free coozies to the first 100 guests! Live music featuring the E.G.Peters Band will start at 9PM so get ready for a good time!

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your support throughout this year. We would not be here if it wasn't for you and we look forward to serving you for many years to come-

The TerraFin Family :)

20. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

I third that! I'm so glad they are still here! :hurray: