TGI Fridays

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JustMe, Sep 5, 2008.

1. greengoddess

greengoddess Active Member

I met friends for lunch there today. We were seated within 10 minutes or less. Our waiter was wonderful! The food came out quickly and all 3 of us enjoyed our food. I would definitely go again.

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

DH and i went yesterday around lunchtime and thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff was great and friendly, the food was good and i loved the decor. i plan on returning whenever i can.

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Gee, I think you gave Pizza Inn more chances than you are giving a brand new restaurant. The reviews have been overwhelmingly good, and you aren't going back bases on a single mediocre visit?

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Well, seems as though most have enjoyed the food and atmosphere so I guess we will check it out. Thanks for all the reviews.

As for the slang earlier...a while back I saw BFF on something my teen had and got angry. I thought it meant Best F (rhymes with sucking) Friend. Seems my mind was in the gutter, as she pointed out. Bad mom, bad mom.

What a hoot,
    Sherry

P.S. Where's Ken when I need him on this slang?

5. seabee

seabee Guest

Why you need Ken for that if your kid bad mom you didn't she also point out what it meant.

6. Sherry A.

Kind of mixed up sentence above but I get the message. I would have asked Ken before responding to BFF as I did not respond immediately when seeing the BFF. I usually calm myself down, if upset, or try to figure something out before talking to the teen. I would have asked Ken because he has helped me in the past. Of course, he taught me to use the Urban Dictionary, which I should have done. Mind in gutter as always. :lol:

Learn something new everyday,
    Sherry

7. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Really Sherry, you have no room to talk about someone's sentences being mixed up. :hurray:

8. seabee

seabee Guest

Hi Pot glad to meet you I'm kettle.

9. Sherry A.

I always feel the love from you and some others. No surprise.

Thanks,
    Sherry :hurray:

P.S. Michelle...the sky is blue.

10. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

See paragraph three.....was in there a week ago. And have had a total of 4 visits. For the coin they ask, the reputation they place forward, and what they started out being, it was not acceptable. When you buy my meal, I'll suffer in silence. I merely pointed out that the glitter is off the sparkle, IMO. And, FWIW, all the good reviews in the world doesn't necessarily mean a good restaurant experience. As for it being brand new, that brand has been around for a while. And, by now, one would think that the kinks would have mostly been ironed out. And they were, for the first month or so. My point was that employee complacency has begun to present itself.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

So you've been in there 4 times, and one of the four times wasn't that great. (and yes, I got from your post that you had been there at least once before, again, my reading comprehension skills are not in question here) Yep, seems reason enough to me to write them off. :? Sorry, I think the odds are better than average that I will have a decent experience there, after all, 75% of the time, you were apparently satisfied. We've only had time to go once, and your review won't sway me from going back. And no one on here expects you, of all people to "suffer in silence" LOL. :mrgreen:

12. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Bon Appetit! :)

The first two trips were crazy, hectic, and fun as one would have expected it to be. 3rd trip was eh....ok, but nothing to make a you tube video over (the old "nothing to write a letter home about cliche"..updated) # 4 convinced me that the shine has worn.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  13. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

let's not forget it's just a chain restaurant....applebees/ruby tuesdays/rock-ola/tgi Fridays......all the same....

14. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

:iagree:
    I never expect too much from these restaurants for the above mentioned. If you truely want a great meal, one to remember and feel you've gotten you dollars worth I highly recommend EVOO in Raleigh down from Cameron Village, FANTASTIC!

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well, went tonight, and despite all the naysayers and those that look down their nose because it's a chain, we had another great experience. The wait looked pretty impressive, but we signed up online for their "Gimme More Stripes" promotion and had a "jump the line" pass (you get to use it once) and so we got right in. Excellent waitress who was Johnny on the spot, I got the bacon wrapped shimp and they were good. Bacon could have been a little more done, but then the shrimp would have been too done. So we are two for two, and I will go back for sure. No, it's not "high cuisine" but for a casual dining experience, you really can't ask for more.