Thank you!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by robo321, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

hey I'm with you on this one.

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I don't, of course I am aware that if I come into a restaurant 10 minutes before closing I may get extra protean in my meal.

Sorry, I am usually home only two days a week and I utilize that time to the maximum. If you do not really mean that you are open to 9pm, be upfront with me the customer and I will go elsewhere.

We are upfront with our customers and specify start times and if necessary due to travel itineraries, quiting times, before we execute the service.

If that is the way you and your coworkers feel you should go to management and tell them that you feel you should not accept clients after 8:30 pm.

Sounds like you need to discuss this with management.

I doubt that it means the same thing to your management.

3. Clif

Clif Guest

Closing time does not mean it's the end of your work hours. You were not told that when you were hired, and if you thought that, then you don't know much about the service profession. If you don't want to have someone come in at 8:50pm, close at 8:30pm. But something tells me that if you did close at 8:30pm, you'd complain if someone came in at 8:20pm.

Those inconsiderate little creeps! How dare they have the unmitigated gall to presume that they get served of they come in during normal open hours! Actually it's people like you who are the cause of the shortage of good staffing in the healthcare field. People like you who count the number of hours you've worked rather than the number of people whose suffering you've eased.

I've been in the healthcare field (Medical Assistant). I did it for the pleasure of helping people, not just because I needed a job. Not once did I or my co-workers complain that any patient was an inconvenience.

How dare you tarnish the healthcare profession with your selfish attitudes. How dare you come in here and complain that you were inconvenienced because a human being who was in discomfort came to you and caused you to loose a couple of winks of your beauty sleep.

May Hippocrates have mercy on you.

4. silkyrabbit

silkyrabbit Well-Known Member

Because we are afiliated with a hospital we can not say anything to the customers, or are not suppose to. Management knows exactly how we feel and they feel the same way. State regulations override. We can not turn anyone away. Alot of our customers do not pay and we can't say a word. It is like this with all hospitals. You will be treated no matter what. Sometimes it's hard to smile and be pleasant.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Most people don't "choose" to be sick.

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Then Management should change the hours or get over it.

7. silkyrabbit

Clif, I have been in the healthcare field for 26 years, how long were you in it? I've been around a whole lot more medical people than you have evidently. I worked in the hospital for about 20 years and it's different, it never closes, but you have someone to relieve you. I worked in CCU and ICU and I know what true suffering is. So how dare you think that I should empathize with someone who comes in at the last minute because they have the sniffles or they are seeking drugs and come at the last minute, because they think we'll give them drugs so we can get rid of them. You don't have a clue if you think I am in the minority. You just don't know.

8. silkyrabbit

Management does not rule.

9. Snuffleufogous

Snuffleufogous Well-Known Member

Thank you (sincere), silkyrabbit, for your post. I rotate on-call duty with my team members on the 8-5 schedule. When 4:45 rolls around, we always get ready for the phone to ring. I took a call yesterday at 4:56. It takes about 15-20 minutes to complete the average call. Occasionally, we have walk-ins at the 11th hour, which take longer, but we don't have nearly the problem with that that you do, I'm sure. I feel for you. And of course, it's always pretty quiet from 4:00 to 4:45. Why is that, I wonder?

I love what I do and am dedicated, but I also have to pick up my children by a certain time, and sometimes that gets cut close. If you've been having the problem all day, please call before the last minute; THANK YOU!

10. Debyan

Debyan Well-Known Member

I don't understand why in the healthcare field a person's personal time is not respected? Why would you go into the office at 7:50 knowing that it closes in 10 min after being sick, as silky said for a week, not an emergency, and knowing already that it is going to take more than ten min just to tell the nurse what is wrong. Couldn't this patient have thought a little ahead of time or maybe this is the person that is tailgating everybody because they are waiting to the last minute and don't realize how rude their actions are. And although some people will accept this behavior and happily just wait on them, it still is not caring about the sevice persons feelings or how it effect their family. Yes, most nurses just smile and do their job, I am always happy to help , I am used to people being rude to me, I know my place, my family and life will never be as important as what is going on in your life. Oh well at least we don't put protein in others food :lol:

11. robo321

robo321 Well-Known Member

Thank you oh Cleveland school system for sending your wonderful students to my house with your fund raising assortment of candies. Yes I ordered a lot but, why do you make me suffer so much? You’re killing me here… LOL! I’ve been waiting.. And waiting… and waiting……. Just anticipating the arrival of my candy is all.

12. Clif

Clif Guest

Yes, at the end of your shift. Tell me, what are your hours? Not the clinic's hours, but yours? I doubt seriously if you were told that your "go home" time was 9:00pm.

Whether it's someone who has a gunshot wound, or someone who has the sniffles, suffering is suffering. It's not your call to make as to what degree of suffering it is. Even if it's psychosomatic, it's your job to make them feel better. If all you can think is that these people who come to you for comfort are an inconvenience, then you aren't doing your job.

As far as someone who comes in the last minute because they think you'll give them drugs because you don't want to deal, how often does that happen, really? Unless you do hand out drugs so you can get home, it wouldn't happen very often. (And if you do, you're a worse health care professional than I thought.)

I don't know if you're in the minority or not. If you aren't though, I feel bad for the patients who need you.

13. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Gees Clif, for Heavens sake....

This wasn't a debate thread. It was a thread for people to vent, then you gotta go turn into Mr. Funsucker (thanks Cleo, lol).

Take a damn pill and relax. Sometimes I think your string is wound just a little too tight.

14. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

I believe you can see a healthcare professional about unwinding strings, but you should allow sufficient time to complete the process prior to the closing time of the office.

15. Clif

Clif Guest

And I was venting.

I would but I'm afraid of going to the clinic. They might think I'm an inconvenience.

16. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

:roll:

17. silkyrabbit

Clif, wrong again I was told I would get off at 9pm, but they'll tell you anything to hire you. If you are one of those people who compare the sniffles to a gunshot wound, then I feel for you. As far as drug seekers go, it is an everyday occurance. No, I don't pass out drugs to all of them, I follow the orders. Some of them get them and some don't, it's not up to me, I'm not the Dr.

18. blessed

blessed Well-Known Member

Thank you to all the ladies out there who like to put on their makeup as they drive. And I'm not talking about just a 15 second lipstick applicatin either, I'm talking about the whole facial application. I LOVE sitting longer at a stop sign or blinking light to observe this......I have always been told I take a long time to get ready to go somewhere. BUT!! Bless God when I'm ready, I am READY.......I'm not still getting ready while operating a motor vehicle.....

Now....let me get off this laptop and get moving before the man behind me in his truck has a stroke............ :shock: 8)

LOLOLOLOL JUST KIDDING!!!! I am not in a vehicle....moreover, I don't own a laptop...LOLOL :lol: :lol: :twisted:

19. Clif

Clif Guest

I still can't see that they actually told you that, but I'll believe you. On the other hand, did you actually think the patients would somehow magically disappear at 9:00pm? Did it occur to you to ask what would happen, since the hours on the door said they close at 9:00pm?

I doubt it, since you seem to have no feeling for the patients who are actually in discomfort.

An every day occurance? Boy, there must be a lot of addicts here in Johnston county! Especially since the first time they go they realize they're not going to get the drugs just because they come in at ten minutes till closing.

20. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

That's what happened when I took my son to the one by Kroger once. 8)