That bloodcurdling scream you may have just heard

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hatteras6, Jun 18, 2009.

1. seabee

seabee Guest

Sorry my dear I couldn't resist... :jester::jester:

2. blessed2adopt2

blessed2adopt2 Well-Known Member

>:x barn cat?

Has anyone offered you their barn cat yet? I think if you put a hungry barn cat in your house, you should be fine. Just take C6 out for a long evening of dinner and a movie.

I cannot even imagine, especially as I sit her looking in the living room from my office - directly at DH's black leather recliner. He hates it when I sit there. I don't think that will be a problem anymore :O

3. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

I'm sitting here watching "Snakes on a Plane." :shock:Seriously, it's pretty stupid. Hope you find your snake before he finds you!

4. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

I am not sure how I have not read this thread before now but it is Hysterical! I started laughing out loud and DH is looking at me strange! Hat I am so sorry you had to experience this but thanks so much for the laugh!
    P.S. There is no "snake" disclosures if you decide to sell :)

5. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

That's why Mama Ape is #1 in my real estate book. Always full of useful info.

Went to New Bern today to share early father's day with FIL. I cooked some drum and shrimp and hushpuppies...and Dad said that he needed to get him a fryer, so I gave him mine. Told C6 that way I can get a HUMONGOUS one.

Dad said put some sulfer down and Jake will leave. So, tomorrow, to Lowes to get some and spread it.

6. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

becareful using the sulfer though, because if you put it in the basement, and the snake has made it upstairs, it won't cross the sulfer and it will stay upstairs with you. :lol:

7. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly.

Hat, you are being stubborn on this one. JUST SELL THE HOUSE AND MOVE!

I bet Jake is really a Jackie and she's probably laid at least 20 eggs and soon they will be babies and mama will be VERY protective of them and Hat is gonna run up on one of them and then there will be no more Hat. BUT there will be a very cheap house for sale :lol: and at least one person (me) saying, "I told you so".

hiss hiss hiss, Hat :jester:

8. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Call the county animal control. They will come out and get the snake out of your house. They won't get it out of your yard because that is their natural habitat, but they will come out if their is a snake in your house because that in NOT their natural habitat. Do not put sulfur or chemicals in your house. The snake will live and you could get very sick. Call animal control. They will find it.

9. michelle

What's the latest with Hat's snake?

10. blusdrmr

blusdrmr Well-Known Member

I am in tears from laughing so hard. Sorry for your situation, Hat, but some of the replies have been doozies.

11. Hatteras6

OK, even though you've been of little comfort with your Momma snake and her 700 babies in my basement and recliner routine,:jester: I'll let pass the remark about there being a HUGE difference between my snake and the snake that is in my basement.:oops:

So far, we've not seen the basement snake, and for us, denial can be more than a river in Egypt.

But, if you hear another scream, you'll know that our choice to believe the snake is gone is like the Grail Knight in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, said about Nazi sympathizer, Walter Donovan, just after Donovan drinks from what he thought was the Grail and died a horrible death, "He chose poorly."

12. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

OMG you haven't found it yet? :shock: And you're still living in the house! :lol:

13. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Oh boy, I could NOT rest easy unless I turned everything over in the house and went thru it with a fine tooth comb.

14. michelle

I can assure you that it would not be ME looking for the snake if it were my house . . it would be the new owners! :mrgreen:

Don't worry Hat, I'm SURE the snake has crawled back out of the hole in which it came thru. Why don't you go take you a nice long nap in the recliner??? Just make sure the video is rolling . . .:mrgreen:

15. michelle

I don't remember doing that! However, I did not go back through all the pages of this thread so it's possible. :lol:

16. Hatteras6

See your post # 129, previous page. You asked about "Hat's snake"..and my "snake" is a different matter than the scrawny little snake that started this whole thing..LOL

17. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

<ear muffs> :lol:

18. michelle

Man, you're crazy. :mrgreen:

19. michelle

It's 2:30 . . . time for the Jake update!

20. Hatteras6

Haven't seen hide, nor hair (or fur of rodents) nor shed skin from Jake (or Jacky)..

I'm in the recliner downstairs, tyring to not think about it. You are not much help in my achieveing that..LOL