That bloodcurdling scream you may have just heard

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hatteras6, Jun 18, 2009.

1. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

Jacky isn't so much the problem...it's her multiple offspring you need to worry about... :?

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Gotta call you soon but on another note.......come on over our way honey.......squirrels are multiplying. I swear. The smaller ones come up the sidewalk to the deck and walk up the stairs for food......while I am sitting on the d@@n thing! The larger squirrels are in branches starring at me!!

I am armed with sling shot and six water guns. Unless I hit one of those suckers it looks like they might own our yard soon. I swear they jump from limb to limb of different trees. Even in the mornings neighbors and I can see them jumping from limbs eventually winding up in this sucker's yard.

Michelle may be right.....time to sell!!! I cannot believe, even the teen is becoming afraid!!

I've never seen anything like this.....squirrels that wink and smile and your dumb arse snake.....what's the world coming too? It should shut down and help US!

Sherry

3. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Sherry - I've never even met you, but trying to picture you on your deck with a slingshot and 6 water guns...hysterical! We've got tons of squirrels too, although not as many as we used to. Maybe our squirrels moved to your house! :mrgreen: Ours will come up to the kitchen windows and sit on the windowsill outside and just hang out. I've never seen anything like it!

The first two years we lived here in this house, we had dumb birds that would fly right into our windows all day long, and it drove me crazy! They'd start early (too early) and go all day, and all I heard was birds flying into the windows, like a thump. We never found any dead ones, so guess they didn't get hurt, but it was very odd. It went on for about a month in the spring, but they don't do it anymore, thank God! Yep, some strange animals things go on in our neck of the woods, doesn't it?

4. Sherry A.

Shoot, my neighbors are very impressed with my skills. They have come over to teach me how to use the items as we have never even had a water gun in our house.

Yep, told them all.....I am now the crazy ole' lady in the back yard shooting (with un deadly harm) these vicious animals to protect the back 40!

It's the small things in life that still make me laugh! :lol: But not those HUGE squirrels who need to be transplanted to Hat's place to get that snake!

Sherry

5. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

We have two squirrels who venture out from the woods to our backyard to sit under the bird feeder. My cats watch and then stalk them. But, they are smart squirrels. They have figured out exactly when it's time to run. Only one day did one of my cat's manage to trick one and it ended up on top of the swingset. I could hear him chattering! Being the animal lover I am, I called out to the cat and that was all it took. One turn of the head by my kitty and the squirrel was off and running. It's a game of wits and so far the squirrels are smarter than my cats!

6. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Sounds like PRM's kin folk have taken over the area! :mrgreen:

7. seabee

seabee Guest

now that is good... :cheers:

8. Sherry A.

Not all of his folks. Hat still has a snake that I hope is not kin to P. I know P is hanging their but not sure if that means much more. :mrgreen::jester::mrgreen:

Sherry

9. michelle

Did Hat ever find Jake or Jackie?

10. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

I think Hat should get a Cat. Afterall, every snake - no matter what kind it is...loves a little kitty now and then.

THen you could rent , (pimp), out the cat as a snake exterminator...

11. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm a cat or C6 (allergic to them)....
    No contest...C6 hands down.

No evidence of any snake remnants or offspring.

12. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I had a dream last night that there was a snake across the road from me, and I was scared to go to sleep because I knew the snake would slither up onto my bed. I seriously think I've been reading too much of this thread! :lol:

13. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Le serpent est mort.

Sadly, I think our friend is dead. :cry:

Neighbor yesterday showed me a snake that he killed. It appeared to be the same length, color, etc.

14. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Well, I guess you can sit back and relax in your recliner now. :mrgreen:

15. michelle

Until the babies hatch :mrgreen:

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I saw that this just became the Year of the Snake according to the Chinese Calendar and remembered this classic!