The Biggest Loser

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by crazymom2girls, May 12, 2009.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I saw a thing on TLC over the weekend about a previous winner (06), he gained most of the weight back and is now trying to get it off again. I've never watched this show, just thought it was interesting that even after this sort of high intensity weight loss, in the end, we go right back to what we were doing before most of the time. He said something along the lines that once he stopped being in front of the camera, that there wasn't much to keep him on the wagon.

2. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

I think a few of the past contestants have gained the weight back, someone did a where are they now type thing and they all basically said that as well, when they got home no camera, no personal trainer they just started gaining it back!

3. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I saw it too and felt so bad for him and his wife. She was in a really bad position where she knew what was happening but was helpless to do much. I was really concerned when he said something to the effect that "I don't want to live"...basically I think he gained his weight back because he is still unhappy. The limelight and media attention gave him a brief period of false happiness but once things settled back to normal the unhappiness was still there. He said he didn't know what his purpose in life was. I hope he can find happiness for the sake of his family!

4. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

wouldnt it have been less painful to just jump in the freakin pool?

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

6. Sporadic2000

Sporadic2000 Well-Known Member

You didn't gain it overnight and you shouldn't lose it overnight. It's just not healthy. I do love the before and after shots of the people on the show though.