The end of the Buddy Saga, and Lonely

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by froggerplus, May 11, 2007.

1. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Buddy's been found!

Well, my Little One told me that Daddy told her that he and Uncle Dave saw Buddy on the road a couple of months ago...squished. Said not to tell Mommy, as I'd be very upset. Those that don't know, DH let the cat out Sept 14th 2006 and we haven't seen him since. He was my baby.

I'm not really sure that it is true, however, as one of our 4042'ers has a neighbor in the old 'hood that had a cat show up and take up residence not long after we moved. I sent pix and she said it was him. She said he looked happy and they have 2 kids there. I thought about it for a long time and never went to look. If he went home, he went home. If he's found a family that loves him and he's happy, that's more than I could have given him when we moved and especially now. He wouldn't like being a totally indoor cat (please, I know everyone's stances. No fussing).

Here is my problem. I've been in the apartment for 5 1/2 months and am terribly lonely. I've never been without a 4-legged friend and I hate coming home to an empty apartment. If I have a cat, he/she needs to be very short-haired and totally indoors. No "cage" animals. If I have a doggie he/she'd have to be a pretty allergen-free doggie...and smaller cuz I have an apartment and will not do that to a big dog.

Any suggestions? I'm one that doesn't mind a snuggler at night. In fact, the majority of my kitties growing up used to sleep under cover with me.

Thanks,
    Frogger

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  2. elims

elims Well-Known Member

A kitty makes a good indoor-only companion that's fairly low maintenance. A small dog would still need to be housebroken and/or walked, etc ... do you have the time for that? A poodle mix would help with the allergies ... they're the 'hypoallergenic' ('hyperallergenic'?) dogs...

I agree, you do need a companion! When I lived in NJ, I wasnt allowed to have pets in my apartment, and my apartment just didnt feel like a HOME. Having goldfish to talk to just wasnt the same!

One other problem tho, how are you set for taking care of a pet financially? If anything were to come up ... you've still got vet expenses, food, meds, toys ... don't forget you're bringing home another child ... ;)

3. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Want my kitty? LOL

4. froggerplus

No, thyvm, Snuggles has a good home already ;) .

Elims, I am a responsible Mommy, just have to make sure I have the money available to get the pet insurance.

Frogger

5. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I know this is off topic, but WHT would your DH tell your daughter that?

Poor kid.

6. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know you're a responsible and caring Mommy. I just had to mention it, forgive me. I ask everyone that, who's considering a pet ... even my best friends. :)

You know ... the right pet might find YOU, if you are open to it. I think a small dog would be awesome ... if you're trying to lose weight, a dog is great incentive to go out and take walks ... (it's no fun taking yourself for a walk!)

7. Cleopatra

I've got a rat that is looking for a new home.

8. froggerplus

Don't know why he'd tell her that, Cleo. It was pretty cruel, if you ask me. :evil:

I'd love a rat, hon, but I'm not doing cages this time around. Done it before and know I'm just not up to the cage maintenance.

Frogger

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

How about a fish?
    They are VERY low maintenance :mrgreen:

10. Cleopatra

Yeah, what a dork.

And I don't blame ya on the cage maintenance, esp being in an apartment.

11. krattie

krattie Well-Known Member

I saw a sign in the barn at Reins from Above that they had free kittens. Don't know if they are long or short hair, but free is always good.

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hey Froggie, check out the new thread about a home needed for Angelina - could be a match made in heaver:-D

13. froggerplus

Girl, don't get me started about fish! I used to do saltwater, and would be Aquatica's best customer if I got back into it. I am, however, planning a tank, lol. Neil's helped me a little, figuring out about the new filtration systems and lights, etc. They're be a tank there eventually, but not in the immediate future.

Frogger

14. froggerplus

Thanks Kaci, and for the call ;) . Let me go look!

Frogger