THE FLIPPIN' NERVE OF SOME PEOPLE

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by WhatNow, Mar 27, 2012.

1. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

So I am a jerk for telling you how it is? I am ok with that. Making it personal is cool. Cause it was about Craigslist.

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I've sold more things on CL than I've bought and have never experienced anyone not showing up or not calling when they missed their appointment time. The things I've bought I've always asked them to hold it till I got there, gave them the exact time and bought whatever it was. I've had GREAT experiences buying and selling on CL.

that reminds me... I need to get rid of a few more things :mrgreen:

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You ain't telling me nothing I didn't already know. 8)

I'm just telling you that I don't play that way on CL. You keep insisting others must be "newbies" and don't know "the rules", that is not the case. Karma is a witch.

4. ServerSnapper

I didnt call you or anyone else a newbie. I called it like it is. Read the threads on CL. They will tell you the same thing. Karma is a witch. Thanks for making it about you.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Whatever SS. You say you'd do the same thing that happened to the OP 'cause that's the rules on CL. I'm saying that's a jerky thing to do to someone and I wouldn't.

Have a nice day.

6. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I wish you people would stay off my list.

7. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

:lol:

8. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

:iagree:

And yes, we do get excited about finding things that are "cheap". We are bargain hunters, and look for the unusual as well. We are not ones to haggle with prices, unless the seller indicates that it is expected. We have never pulled a "no-show", either. So I guess we do expect to be treated with the same respect. We've been fortunate with our experiences, and look forward to meeting new people this way, too!

9. ServerSnapper

I personally get tired of the real cheap butts!! I posted some speakers that are made by Jamo. I am asking 1200.00. This guy wont leave me alone and is offering a 100.00. It's almost to the point of harrassment. My ad says 1200.00 FIRM. That is freaking half off!! Not everything is cheap!

10. WhatNow

WhatNow Well-Known Member

no trampoline & now stolen bikes

As for the trampoline, I was very specific & he agreed to wait for my H to get there. He also knew my son knew about it & was excited. I understand there are no-shows, but he should have at least given me the chance to make the time. And the jerk would not even return my call or text - coward!

To make things worse, last week, my other son & younger daughter had their bikes stolen during the night. My son had worked for months to put his BMX together & finally had it ready to ride a couple of weeks ago.

Now I am looking for trampoline & bikes. Mean people out there should remember that what goes around comes around. You don't treat others crappy & not have it bite you in the butt later down the line.

:?

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

DH had someone come look at the motocycle today. He was here for 2 hours and then didn't buy it. Good greif! Told DH that there was another one like it for a few hundred less in Cary. DH told him he better go get that one then. :lol:

12. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

If stuff isn't locked up you might as well have a "come and get it" sign on it. That's just the world we live in today.

13. WhatNow

WhatNow Well-Known Member

Sadly, you are right & I know it. It is a tragic time we live in! I appreciate your opinion & respect your insight! Thank you!

We have lived in our home for 15 years & never had anything stolen. We live in a rural area. When our 4 kids were little, there was not much worth stealing I guess.

My son's bike was not anything worth $ - it was a very cheap, pieced together, work in progress thing, but.... he worked hard on it & he was proud to ride it! My daughter's bike was not in top shape, but still, it was HER bike. Her sister had brought her a bike tag from CA on a special trip. Losing that really hurt her feelings. I think it is some neighborhood kids. Will probably never know.

If it's not locked up, I know it can be stolen, but I did not put a "come & get it" sign on it. In fact, it took some work for the bikes to be found which is why I believe neighborhood kids stole them. Until I write a great big poster saying "come & get it" & place it on MY stuff, I cannot excuse the criminal activity of others.

I mean, if I do not write (& wear every day) a sign on me saying "I am not to be raped", yet I get raped, ..... does that excuse the rapist? I think NOT!!! Not trying to be crude, but I think the point is clear.

A crime is a crime. The blame is to be placed on the person committing the offense. NOT on the person who is leaving his or her "stuff" on their LEGAL PROPERTY.

I know that the predators are out there & I know I must take action to protect my family against them. But I am NOT advertising to crooks that I want to be stolen from. Let's put the blame where it belongs - on the CRIMINAL, NOT the VICTIM!!

I am just not willing to dismiss the actions of any criminal! Yes, we live in a world where we have to be more careful. I totally agree, but if I leave my car in MY yard, even unlocked, it does NOT excuse the actions of the thief who steals it. The car belongs to ME. Unless he is paying for it, NO person has a right to come in my yard & steal it. (As long as my payments are current.)

I just do not have sympathy for a thief, even if his victim does make his "stealing" EASY for him.