The Flu

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Allioop, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Well-Known Member

:lol:

2. busymama

busymama Well-Known Member

How long was it after he got the flu shot that he got sick?

3. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Unless a person is allergic to eggs, there shouldn't be any adverse reactions to a flu vaccine. The flu vaccine is supposed to be good for an entire season, so I'd say try this: Next year, find out when the physician's office receives their vaccines and get it way before the flu is in widespread circulation. Also, those that are fearful of needles shouldn't have to worry about receiving the vaccine since they have the flu mist now.

4. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

We all got shots late October. My youngest and I got the flu in late January (confirmed). Guess we were the lucky 30% who get the shot and get the flu anyway. I will say this...if more people had received the shots, we might not have had to endure the flu. I am a teacher and he is in high school, so we have a high exposure risk to all of those who did NOT get a shot and brought that particular flu strain to the rest of us! In closing...get the shot please.

5. shygrrl

shygrrl Well-Known Member

DH spent 2 hrs in the Urgent Care yesterday AFTER being sick with the flu 2 weeks ago. Bet he may consider getting a shot next year!!!

6. 1pittsburgh

1pittsburgh Well-Known Member

My daughter and I both get the flu mist every year. I have not had the flu since high school. My daughter had a mild case of the flu last year. The doctor said it was mild because she had the flu mist and the strain that she had was in the mist last year. She was only sick for about 2 days. We will continue to get it every year would rather be safe than sorry.

7. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I was at the doctor's office recently and asked about the flu cases they had seen. The nurse told me that they had seen quite a few cases lately and they were surprised that one of the staff hadn't gotten the flu as of yet. I have also heard it said that there is a failure rate of 25-30% for the vaccine, however it seems a 70% chance of avoiding it altogether or lessening the symptoms would be worth it to most.