The Grocery Game?

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by Southernborn, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

2. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Hi SB,

I have mixed feelings about the GG. I have not spent the money to try it myself for a few reasons.

1. I have heard from others that the flyers used to determine the good buys are not always the same flyers we receive in our mailboxes so the sales recommendations are not always accurate. Different areas of the country offer different sales for the same stores.

2. I want to see all the deals on the flyer or on the store website myself and determine what is a good deal and what is not. I may have coupons for items that she may not and if I only follow the list I may miss out on a good deal.

3. I also don't like paying someone else to do what I can do in a few extra minutes. It doesn't take that long for me to look through the flyers and spot the good buys. Plus, I shop at many different stores, some of which are not covered on GG.

With that said, I have spoken with people who love Terri's list (AKA the grocery game). They are often moms who work full time outside the home and feel they just don't have the time to go through flyers. For them, it seems to work well. And I am all for anything that helps people save money. If you are interested but not ready to commit, she offers a $1 trial for 4 weeks I believe. Try it out and see if it works for you.

The cost is $10 for 8 weeks for the first store you choose and $5 for 8 weeks for each additional store. Stores you can get the list for include: HT. FL, Kroger, Walgreens and CVS. There is no list for Lowes Foods.

I am not speaking negatively of the site, it just isn't something I use personally. If you do it, please let us know how well it worked for you.

The message boards do offer some good info on savings tips as well.

Hope that helped and good luck! :)

Faye