Thermostat

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by elims, Jun 29, 2012.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

78 with ceiling fans running & all blinds closed, feels cool in house both up & down

2. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

75 down...75 up (days). 70 on both at night. Down is fine, keeping up fairly well. Up is 87 degrees right now and climbing. Just installed a window unit in ds' bedroom, moved the other ds' bed in there along with the tv and electronics. They are happy little rascals, so all is good. Ceiling fans running up and down and 2 floor fans running up as well. BUT...this too shall pass!! Thankful for what we have and that we can afford to replace the upstairs unit as soon as our place in line gets here. Cold beer helps too. :cheers:

3. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Cold beer ALWAYS helps...

4. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

Got the downstairs set at 72 with all the blinds closed and ceiling fans running.

Upstairs stays on 72 during the day and down to 65 at night with ceiling fans in every room running:oops: When other people say they like it cold in their house, I usually laugh. My A/C upstairs ran for 12 hours straight last night and finally kicked off about 6am today. It's back up and pumping now at 65 and will probably run another 12+ hours straight. Progress Energy LOVES me this time of year.

5. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

75 downstairs with the ceiling fans going, 80 with ceiling fan upstairs in the bonus room that we rarely use.

6. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Holy Crap, 65 DEGREES!!!!! That is way too cold, I am freezing to death at 75 degrees!!! You must have an over active thyroid, as I have an under active thyroid that keeps me cold all the time!!!

7. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Both of mine are at 75.

8. waterengineer

waterengineer Active Member

77. Ceiling fans plus a small box fan and all the blinds closed. I didn't think I would be comfortable at that temp, but I'm doing ok.

9. BossRotton

BossRotton Well-Known Member

72, I like it cold when I go to bed..a warm cozy bed

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

70. everyday. all day. all night. year round.

11. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Actually, your "tips" page does not say that. Myth #2 is similar, but is talking about heating, not cooling. Yes, there is a difference.

Here's a question...

Why is it the tempurature you set your thermostat in winter is too cold, but that very same tempurature setting in summer is too warm?

12. tryingtomakeadifference

tryingtomakeadifference Active Member

Our downstairs is set at 77 and the upstairs at 78. We run the ceiling fans upstairs during the night so that keeps it perfectly comfortable. If it starts getting too hot downstairs I close the blinds and turn on that fan.

13. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

78? You need to downgrade your Geritol dosage.

:lol:

14. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

71 all day and night with all the fans on!!

15. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

Brrr. I would be cold year round!

16. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

78 up and down. ceilings fans on. by thge way we go 65 in winter

17. elims

elims Well-Known Member

By summertime, i can never remember what I usually set the thermostat to in winter (and vice versa). At the start of each season, I always have to play with highs and lows until it feels comfortable.

Lately, it's been 78 during the day, 73 at night. That extra 'chill' in the air at night makes sleeping nicer!