This is pretty funny!

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by chuck, Jan 13, 2005.

1. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member

I don't know if you've heard of the eBay auction that consists of a guy selling his forehead as ad space for 30 days with a temporary tattoo. As of 11 pm tonight, the leading bidder, whose user name is fryedmockingbird, had this as their "About Me" profile:

Animals raised to become someone’s fur coat spend their days exposed to the elements in row after row of barren, tiny, urine- and feces-encrusted cages. Investigations have found animals with gruesome injuries going without medical care and foxes and minks pacing in endless circles, crazy from the confinement. Minks, foxes, chinchillas, raccoons, and other animals on fur farms spend their entire lives confined to tiny, filthy cages, constantly circling and pacing back and forth from stress and boredom, some animals even self-mutilating or cannibalizing cagemates. Foxes are kept in cages measuring only 2.5 feet square, with one to four animals per cage. Minks and other species are generally kept in cages only 1 foot by 3 feet, again with up to four animals per cage. The cramped and overcrowded conditions are especially distressing to solitary animals, like minks. During the summer, hundreds of thousands of animals endure searing heat and suffer from dizziness and vomiting before dying of heat exhaustion. Baby animals are the most common victims, as they succumb faster to dehydration. In the winter, caged animals have nowhere to seek refuge from freezing temperatures, rain, sleet, and snow. No federal law protects animals on fur farms. Farmers often kill animals by anal or genital electrocution, which causes them to experience the intense pain of a heart attack while fully conscious. Other killing methods include neck-breaking and suffocation. Sometimes animals are only stunned and are then skinned alive.

I speak for at least myself when I say, "Cuckoo, cuckoo." If you haven't seen the eBay listing, here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5947720145&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

Now there is a cause for the furballs.........

3. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Hey, did you see how much the winning bid was? He maybe cuckoo but if he actually gets paid the winning bid amount, he's going to be laughing all the way to the bank!