Thoughts on new WalMart shopping center?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ccampbell, Jun 18, 2009.

1. ccampbell

ccampbell Guest

I'm a reporter with The Herald and the Garner-Clayton Record, and I'm writing an article about the new Wal-Mart shopping center going up in the Cleveland area. The developer tells me it's going to open in late August, and include Dollar Tree, Shoe Show, Rue 21, Game Stop, A Chinese Buffet and a 3,700 sq. ft. Fiesta Mexicanna in addition to the Wal-Mart Supercenter. I'd like to get some comments from people living in the area- What do you think of the store selection? Are there other types of stores the area needs? How do you think it'll impact traffic? If you've driven by the construction site, do you like the way it's looking?

If you'd like to give your opinion, you can call me at 836-5768 or email me at ccampbel@nando.com.

Thanks!
    Colin Campbell

2. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

How many dollar trees, game stops, and Wal-Marts are needed in a 15 mile radius exactly?:lol:

It will be a traffic nightmare! (I'm Glad I don't live near there.)

3. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

We travel up there alot to go to Lowes and the Cleveland Draft House. NOT looking forward to the traffic problems this will create! We will probably end up taking the new bypass just so we don't have to come up Hwy 42 by that mess! Personally I think a more reasonable area to have put the Walmart is by Hwy 42 and Hwy 50 near where the new Lowes Foods is.

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I am probably in the minority here, but I am looking forward to the WalMart and all the stores that are coming with it.

We have long needed a large retailer AND a different grocery store in this area. As it is now I have to drive to Smithfield, Garner, Fuquay Varina or Clayton to go to WalMart. How nice it will be to only have to travel 6 or 7 miles for the things I need!

Plus their grocery section is VERY affordable and they offer a nice variety. It's time for Food Lion to have some competition in this area.

I'm also very pleased about the number of jobs that this will create in our area. The only downside I see to this is that there will be added traffic woes but I'm sure it will be worth it. I'm just worried that with Rue 21 and Game Stop opening that I may never see my daughter and husband again! Then again, I will probably hang out at Dollar Tree quite a bit myself.

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

dang girl, he had the mic right in front of you didn't he? :p:lol:

6. kookookacho

Showboat! :lol:

I bet you did spell check too didn't ya?!

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:iagree::hurray::hurray: and maybe it will push people a little closer to wanting incorporation so that we can plan our own roads if the traffic does become a problem.

8. kookookacho

This is how you hit the papers!

[​IMG]

i wont ta wurk fer wallmarts
    i thenk its niss they cumin so clos

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That made me laugh..........hard! :jester:

10. kookookacho

that face makes me laugh too! :mrgreen:

11. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Wow, what's with you people today? Not the normal fussing and fighting but some laughing and lovin! Maybe next time y'all have a 40/42 get together I won't be afraid to come meet you!

12. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

And jsut think...all it took was a WalMart question and a snake that almost scard the stuff out of me....

13. kookookacho

A marijuana field must be burning around here somewhere. I know I've got the giggles!

I've always got the munchies :lol:

14. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

We're good peeps.

15. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

OMG!! I am about to wet my pants!!

tears are running down my face...that hit me just right!

I have the giggles too. let's go harvest that field of maryjane in FarmTown!

16. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I am not so much opposed to the Wal Mart as I am the lack of consideration for the traffic congestion and general overcrowding of the 4042 area. The stores that usually come with Wal Marts are a dime a dozen and add very little to anyone's quality of life.

17. seabee

seabee Guest

I've been busy looking for my spoon... I think M-chelle took it and won't give it back, or maybe KB has it.... :jester::jester:

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We don't bite.........................hard anyway. :jester:

19. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

weeds

Wal marts and super Wal marts are like weeds in Johnston county. They pop u everywhere. Why don't we raise the IQ level in our area and have some of the following:

Target
    Super Target
    Whole Foods
    Trader Joe's
    Kroger
    Harris Teeter
    Home Depot
    Petsmart

Enough of the Super Wal marts and Food Lions

20. kookookacho

:hurray::hurray:all but the pass one :mrgreen: