Thoughts on new WalMart shopping center?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ccampbell, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

Wal-Mart does not sell used clothing, salt water fish, tattoos, insurance, handmade pottery, or delivered gift baskets and floral arrangements. Oh, I don't think Wally World sells mattresses.....crib mattresses yes.

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

:iagree: about the Super Target!!
    I also prefer Target over Walmart.

3. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

me too!

4. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Everytime we watch Pixar's Wall-E, I can't help but see the hidden message that it seems somebody was trying to get across with that movie. How the fictional Buy & Large seems so similar to Wal-Mart in its global retail domination. It's not quite on the same scale as Buy & Large, but it certainly doesn't seem beyond the realm of possibility. Besides that, is it just merely a coincident that the name of the Buy & Large robot in charge of cleaning up the planet is named "Wall-E" similar to the nickname, "Wally World?"

Actually, I've noticed that Wal-Mart is pushing their Good Value brand a lot heavier now...even giving their products prime shelf space, which I find surprising. So, perhaps Wal-Mart envisions a store filled primarily with their own products and services.

Also, BTW...Wal-Mart does sell mattresses, but they are foam mattresses. I think you can get up to a queen size...in a box no less. :jester:

5. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

Really? I did not know that. I buy certain things at certain stores. I'm really excited about this Wal-Mart because I'm out of Scrubbing Bubbles, Pine-Sol, and Magic Erasers.

6. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I was just at the new Dollar Tree that opened up. I love that place, went in not wanting to buy anything and bought 8 things for only 8 dollars! Now thats a steal! Can't wait till WEdnesday when wally mart opens:)

7. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I agree about Buy & Large in movie. Looking past all that I found it cute though. DH doesn't like it.. finds it condescending and doesn't care for it.

8. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

...sort of like Mega Lo Mart from King of the Hill

:p

9. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

Probably because they get a higher GP from sales of their own products/services. With the economy the way it is, gross profit is the name of the game in retail now more than ever.

10. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

Not sure how true this is but a guy that used to work at the White Oak Target told me it was initially supposed to be a Super Target. He didn't know why they changed their minds...

11. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Is this walmart gonna be open 24 hrs.?

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I was told it was pressure from the town of Garner.

13. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

What a bunch of fools!

14. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Politics! I don't really understand who or what they were protecting from a Super Target. Super Kmart is technically in the Raleigh city limits, isn't it? There wasn't a Walmart Supercenter at the time in the immediate area. The main two grocers in Garner were Kroger and Food Lion.

Western Johnston and eastern Wake were really cheated by not getting a Super Target to help keep Wal-Mart in check.

15. cr09

cr09 Guest

My thought excatly

I agree to that. Either 42/50 area or it could had been hwy 210/50 area
    40/42 was extremely over crowded already!!

16. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Yes, Walmart will be open 24 hours.

17. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Is everyone ready with bated breath for the Grand opening? :mrgreen:

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i will just be happy not to have to drive to Clayton or Garner for my maybe once a month trip to Walmart for cleaning stuff:hurray:

19. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  20. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Wally World thread raised from the dead 5 years later. LOL