Thrift/Consignment shops?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ferrickhead28, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Aglassnut

Aglassnut Well-Known Member

I've found some good deals at GCF recently. But I love Guardian Angle in F-V.

Mike

2. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

For children there is Buttons n bows off Avesboro Rd.... She has a lot of "name brand" items for children and she has several vendors with new personalized gifts!

3. MisunderstoodMind

MisunderstoodMind Well-Known Member

Three Goodwill stores come to mind.

1. Kildaire/Ten-Ten in Cary: I've walked out with Dolce, Gucci, Versaci, Coach, etc. A few months ago I bought a $400 air cleaner for $7.

2. Kilmayne/Kildaire in Cary: The manager can be a jerk, but I've bought some really nice stuff in there. Typically, the latter is better because less people frequent the shop.

3. Lynn Rd in N. Raleigh: Very Nice. A bit of a hike, but worth it if you're in the area.

4. Aglassnut

Aglassnut Well-Known Member

There's a new just up the road from #3 at Brier Creek. I've haven't had the chance to stop in yet, but I will one day.

Mike

5. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Bumping this up because....I need a plus size formal. I know where most of the thrift stores are, but anyone have the inside scoop on upscale consignment?

6. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

There's two new ones down in my part of the country. :)

Both on main...well one isn't new it just relocated.

7. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

You talking about Benson?

8. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

What size dress are you looking for? We have a few dresses that were worn once, the most recent being a bridesmaid's dress from David's Bridal. They are my daughter's and she will be moving to grad school soon; maybe we have a dress you would be interested in? Just pm me and we can discuss it! :lol:

9. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

yep yep

10. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Bumping 'cause I was reading this for info.

Please add new and/or closed shops. :)

11. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

12. areynolds00

areynolds00 Guest

New(er) Shop

Pinchin Pennies in Clayton on Hwy 70.

http://claytonthriftstore.com/

There is a thread on here about it I think, but it's worth mentioning in here too. It's very organized and clean. I picked up a few things for my 8 year old and they looked new.

13. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

http://www.trosainc.org/

The Fundraisers/Yard Sales are usually in a shopping center parking lot and there are gobs of great items for give away prices. Evening gowns, formals, jeans, shoes, purses, coats, kids items, furniture, etc. Most items are brand new.

At the last one they sold a Mercedes with 73K miles on it for $42,000, nothing wrong with it. They sold a Passat (sp) for $1,200, needed a motor but great interior and exterior. They sold a moving truck and trailer that needed work on the trailer.

Sherry

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Bump to see if anyone has any new ones to add or know of any that have closed. :cheers:

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Don't forget about the new Goodwill on 42

16. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Tomorrow is the big Christmas open house at the Peddler's Village Thrift Mall. They are supposed to have LOTS of decorations, etc. and you can register for prizes all day. Refreshments too. I'll be there with my checkbook in hand!

Also, there is a huge thrift store in Fuquay (can't think of the name of it but it's not the Guardian Angel). If you take highway 42 all the way to Fuquay and turn left at that intersection it is right there on the left. If you turn right, it takes you towards the Sheetz gas station. I never knew it was there until a few weeks ago and my daughter and I checked it out. Lots of goodies in there.

Also, the Guardian Angel thrift store has another "section" down a few doors in the same shopping center. It's sorta like an overflow but they also have new stuff that stores have donated. Lots of good stuff there too.

17. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Passed thru a couple of thrift & consignment shops on the way home from Garner. Didn't find a lot and what I did find was pricey for me. The prices the Goodwill wants for kids pants, if I look hard enough I can buy new for not much more $$. And, for the 1st and last time, stopped in @ Lil Joey's. Sorry but the prices were WAY too high for what they are selling; stuff was dirty, picked, etc. AND everyone I encountered was rude!

On the other hand, if they can get those prices, maybe I should take my kids' clothes there for consignment!?!? :jester:

18. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Saw a very nice, long, wool blend men's coat at the GCF the other week. It was $125.00 :shock: !! I realize GCF does provide other services to the community using profits from their stores, but dang! most people don't want to pay $125 for coat from Goodwill!

19. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Ditto, Pressing the "Like" Button.

Yes, I too give full credit to GWF for the good they do but &*^^&%% Woser I have seen some HIGH HIGH Prices in their stores lately. Shocking, crazy USED Clothes SKY HIGH.

I love a deal and look carefully but yiiiecks I have seen some shocker price tags. The bins are the only deals I have found lately.

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i am disappointed, i haven't been yet but i was really excited about getting a local GCF cause i have really found some great deals in the past at other ones.:cry: