Time Warner Phone service

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DeniseL, Jul 3, 2008.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Ok, hijacking, but did you get my message earlier tonite?

2. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Sure did....I didn't stop working until 8:00 then went to Anna's house return one of her kids :lol::lol: I think we'll be there, but it depends on the unpredictable 2 year old we have........:ack:

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Actually though i loved Vonage for the past 3 years, i am now disconnecting and just going with cell phones, seems a waste of money to have a home line when we all have cell phones.

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Cool, i walked over earlier and talked to Anna and told her about it too, everyone is welcome:)

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Thanks for listening! :mrgreen:

They (vonage -vomit worse than Apex *almost* vomiting) have not met the *requirements* need to be approved by corporate. Which means MORE money for my customers. :boxing: That's bull crap.

6. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

I've had the full TW package Internet/cable/phone for over a year now - no problems IF you have a cell phone because if your cable goes out and you need to call for a repair, or to check to see if there is an outage, you don't have a telephone.

Calls are just as clear and have had no problems with connectivity or using directory assistance.

I would recommend it:)

7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for sharing. I understand it better now that you explained it to me.

Sherry

8. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

What's the difference in Time Warner's phone service and Vonage?

Sherry

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Never had Time Warner's service, we had Vonage before they offered it. Flat $27.99 a month with 911 service

10. HomeGirl

HomeGirl Well-Known Member

Cell Only Review

My family has used cell service instead of a home land line for a few years now. We have just subscribed to TWC digital phone and awaiting hook-up.

The main reason that prompted us to re-establish a home phone line (though we enjoyed the money savings & the lack of phone solicitations):

#1 (and foremost): Emergency service...though my family members have cells, the youngest (5 yrs) does not. (...I do not plan to buy him a cell phone anytime soon either.)

If he, a babysitter, our guests, etc. needed help, they would not have a phone in a permanent location from which to call for help. They would also have to be aware of our address if they used a cell phone, which sounds simple enough...(post your address and info in a pre-determined area, etc.) but until you've experienced a true emergency, you can not understand the things that "will or will not" go through your mind.

Another problem we ran into with using cell phones only, is that I experienced "forgetful" moments, and when coupled with my husband's and teenager's "moments", one of us would leave a cell in the other's car, at a friend's house, in the workshop etc. and when we most needed to get in touch with one of us at our home....that's when we would here the other one's cell ring right beside us, while they were at home without phone access.

Anyhoo, just somethings to think about before going "cell only".....

11. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

None of those are really a big deal to me. I hate cellpones personally, and will leave a phone somewhere on purpose - it beats ignoring it while it rings! And I would just leave one at home with the babysitter. I just can't see spending 40 bucks a month for home service for the few calls I take/make on that phone. I was cell phone only before, and it was less phones & numbers to keep up with. What a hassle!

12. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

We just got TW for internet, phone and cable. So far we have been very pleased its been about 4 or 5 months now!! We didnt have service that first few days, and that was a tech's fault he cut the line to much but service was great another guy came out and fixed that weekend!!

13. soulshine

soulshine Well-Known Member

The only problem I have is that they give you a good price in the beginning for RR/Cable/Telephone but the price is only good for so long. Then it goes way up like mine just did. Now I am looking at other options. Other than that, the service has been great.

14. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Wait until you have teenagers (girls). Mine stay on the home phone :lol: