tips on doing disney cheap!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by dangerboy, Dec 27, 2010.

1. On the go

On the go Well-Known Member

It can be a little bit of a walk to get to the bus stops at OKW.

2. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Mrs Wulf and Wulf Jr did that while I was at the NCSU vs UCF game. They loved it.

3. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Ooo...didn't think about that. I'd love to see Wishes at MK. Btw, the DISboards are addictive. I don't have an account but I read what everyone is saying. I've been keeping a list of things I like to try like that slushie. Somehow I doubt in 3 days I will be able to do and see everything I want! lol. If only we were going to be there a few more days!

4. On the go

I've been on the DIS since 2006. I lurked for a couple of years before I ever joined.

There are lots of DIS board members who live right in this area.

5. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

So is Allioop back? How was it?

6. Allioop

I got back yesterday! Or actually Monday. It's after midnight now. We had a great time. It was very crowded though. Next time we'll pick a better time of year. We enjoyed Chef Mickey's and Cinderella's Round Table but had a bad experience at Coral Reef. We waited 40 minutes for our food and finally we just left!

One thing we did that my daugther's preschool teacher suggested... We went to Wal-mart near Disney to get our souvenirs. They have a huge Disney section with T-shirts, coffee mugs, key chains, etc, etc. It saved us a lot of money.

By the way, The Contemporary was awesome. It was worth the money. To be able to get on and off the monorail inside your hotel was priceless when you have little kids.

7. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Cool. Don't sweat The Coral Reef....as I wrote on here somewhere...the food wasn't all that and I remember we had to wait forever to be seated.

8. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

Brillant!!!
    thanks for this! We are hoping to go for the kid's spring break. I will definately keep that in mind! :)

9. Allioop

Get your autograph books and pens here too. We paid almost $25 for 2 autograph books and 2 pens at a gift shop in the magic kingdom. When we got to Wal-mart, they had them everywhere much cheaper.

The other best piece of advice I can is to get to whatever park you're going to as early as possible. We got a lot more done before 10:00 than we would have all day if we had gone late. Plus, you can get Fast Passes to the popular rides. The Toy Story Mania at Hollywood Studios actually had a FastPass line to wait in! We waited in it at 9:30am for about 10 minutes. We came back a few hours later with our pass. The fastpasses had already been given out and the line wait was 2 hours that afternoon.

10. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Or I'd say make some books yourself! You could get the supplies (blank books, stickers, etc) and let the kids make their own. It could even be a project for them to work on in the car for the ride down! :lol:

11. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I remember that ride. Thats where that Mr Potato head pic I posted earlier is located. Of all the rides we rode that week, that had the longest line.

12. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Did you go to Epcot? Did you ride Soarin?

13. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

14. Allioop

We did go to Epcot, but we didn't ride Soarin. Must have missed it! We rode up into the "big golf ball" as I like to call it. My youngest loved that ride so much that we went on it three times! Actually my hubby and I wanted to go the third time so we could make a crazy face when they take your picture. They do a funny cartoon with your faces on it and it was hilarious. It doesn't take much to entertain us. :lol:

Also, I tried the Grey Goose Slush at Epcot and OMG, that stuff could be dangeous. I had one and it was so good, but at $8 a glass, I had to stop after one.

One other thing that was really fun at Epcot was in the Innovations building they let you make your own video game, and then they e-mail it to you. You run in place or jump up and down or whatever they tell you do, and then you see yourself in the video game. My girls loved it!

15. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Spaceship Earth (Golf Ball) was cool and I remember the pics being taken. You missed Soarin though....that ride is the heat.

16. On the go

Soarin' is my favorite current ride. Mr Toad's Wild Ride is still my all time favorite.

17. On the go

Yep, Feb especially President's weekend, is crowded.

I'm glad you had a good time!

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

19. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

Just got back today... VERY CROWDED but the weather was nice. Very glad that we bought the dinning plan and stayed on the resort. The bus transportation was fast and very little walking to the bus at all for us (we stayed at Old Key West Resort).

If or when we go back we will def. do the dinning plan again because this saved us a lot of money actually, have more patience for the 55 - 60yr old lady that stepped in front of my 8 year old daughter so that she could be in front of the curb for the parade (well maybe I will not have more patience for her), and plan out meals and timing of events better. Loved having the Hopper tickets with a young child because our 2 yr old needed a nap and we could visit 2 parks that way. Plus we will skip animal kingdom totally next time - not impressed personally but that is just my opinion. Needed another day or 2 but our 2 yr old became very sick :cry:. Overall good time oh and highly recommend Marrakesh Restaurant - Moroccan Food and it was great! Cafe Disney - great for the kids only, food was very average in tasting and $30 a person for buffet, it was paying for Mickey and Friends not the food (blah) but the characters were great the flying sparrows in the restaurant from the monorail were a bit odd. LOL

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  20. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

Is anyone planning a disney trip soon? We were planning to go and had accumulated some Disney reward points on our Disney credit card--but my husband lost his job and now we have cancalled the trip. I would like to sell these reward dollars if possible. They come on a Disney gift card and can be used for food resorts or tickets. We used them on our last two trips and they work just like a credit card. You can also use them if you are booking with AAA. THey will expire in Dec. of this year. PM me if anyone is interested--we have about $300 worth and will sell for less that that.

THanks