Today's Wow did I just see that?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hught, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

4. BossRotton

BossRotton Well-Known Member

5. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

You really do need to get better sources or try to fact check the crappy ones you use all of the time.

https://stopru.com/in-austria-have-...e-main-problems-of-electric-cars-photo/40929/

In Austria came up with a solution to the problem of discharged electric vehicles. Because the electric car cannot be refilled like a conventional car to an internal combustion engine, the developers from a local company Öamtc allowed on the roads real powerbank, which is able to “feed” the empty car. However, power just is not enough for a long journey, so that the car will have to be towed to the nearest power plant with which the car will charge much faster.

This mobile device consists of several lithium elements, and charging it takes about 15-20 minutes, filling the “tank” of an electric car so that he could get to the nearest gas station or service station. Most likely, the service is not that cheap, considering the cost of electric cars, and unusual services. If for an ordinary internal combustion engine cars can be asked to bring a can of gasoline, in this case, the repeat will not work. The device looks like an ordinary car with a small trailer with lithium batteries. However, the charging elements, judging by the photos, can be found in the van.

In any case, this is an original solution to a popular problem

6. BossRotton

I would imagine that many here, like in the political pit, either have you blocked as well or ignore you too.

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

8. Wayne Stollings

Coming back from out of state a few weeks ago I had to do a little "seat of the pants" navigation when we lost GPS during a detour around construction in Virginia. It was a bit more remote than I expected and I was looking for the next road that would take me out of the valley I was in and back to the interstate I hoped was at the end. I knew I had the right road when I saw a huge sign stating that no matter what your GPS told you, this road was not to be used by vehicles towing trailers, buses, or the like. I grew up driving on roads like that and it took me to exactly where I had hoped to come out, but my wife still laughs about the sign and my disagreement with the path the GPS laid out before it froze.

Similar to this one, but more detailed:

[​IMG]

Sherry A., Auxie and Hught like this.
  9. BossRotton

10. Wayne Stollings

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

13. Hught