Today's Wow did I just see that?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hught, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

DWK likes this.
  2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Stinger2019 and DWK like this.
  3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

DWK likes this.
  4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Notice the neon sign on the wall...

[​IMG]

Yesterday the conservative Wisconsin Supreme Court invalidated the Democratic governor's "Stay at Home" order. Throughout this famous-for-beer-and-cheese state, patrons flocked to bars to socialize.

Stinger2019 likes this.
  5. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

DWK likes this.
  7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

8. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

9. Stinger2019

Stinger2019 Well-Known Member

Politics in the Discussion Group? Sounds good to me

10. Stinger2019

Stinger2019 Well-Known Member

If the southpaws took the helm

[​IMG]

11. Wayne Stollings

A disease is political? Irony is political? Do any of you have a dictionary and know how to use it?

DWK and Hught like this.
  12. Wayne Stollings

:rolleyes:

Hught likes this.
  13. Wayne Stollings

They make it up much like a three year old makes up jokes that only they can understand or think is funny .....

14. Wayne Stollings

There was a little shop in the mountains where they had a cockatiel who was very fond of men flying loose. Every time we went into the shop over the years we vacationed nearby that bird would land on my shoulder and demand that I scratch his neck. The owner said that because I did it the first time we met that bird remembered me and acted accordingly. I offered to take the bird if they ever decided to part with it knowing they were not likely to out live the bird on average, but have never heard from them on the offer. Since then we had a neighbor who had a parrot that did not stay in a cage and was not trained so it pooped everywhere and anywhere in their house and them.

15. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Cute story. I saw a shop on Etsy where somebody made tiny bird diapers, so that might help the bird owners out there who let their birds go free in their houses! Lol. Birds do remember who you are, and can recognize the faces of individual people, which is pretty amazing when you think about it. I love that little peach-faced green parrot, and I’d love to have one or two, but we’ve got so many birds in our garden this year, that it’s like having “pets” without having to clean up all the mess they make!

Hught, Wayne Stollings and BobF like this.
  16. Wayne Stollings

Research shows that crows can count to three and ravens can identify specific people who have irritated them in the past.

Hught and DWK like this.
  17. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

And can’t some birds use sticks as tools to get to bugs in the bottom of a jar? I think that was an experiment that was done with crows too......Amazing creatures!

Wayne Stollings likes this.
  18. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Here’s some pictures of amazing crows with their stick tools. First one is of a crow using a stick tool to get at some bugs, second one is an experiment of a crow selecting a dowel to open up a food box. I don’t know if the dowels were different sizes and widths though, based on this illustration. That would’ve made this experiment more interesting......

337ECCAC-EA39-42BB-9FCF-1FAEE552E5B4.jpeg BADB92A5-C6BD-4DF3-BC49-0C2CEC5A0E0E.png

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  19. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  20. Wayne Stollings