Today's Wow did I just see that?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hught, Aug 5, 2011.

1. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

No. Not in American. I asked the question for a purpose. If different property owners have 2 poles up next to each other and one is wealthy with a 30 ft pole and one is poor so she has a 20 ft pole, can the 30 ft pole have a State lag while the one 6 ft away flys the American flag?

2. poppin cork

Yes I have that information also. Google is damn near world wide. Now, since the instructions are not as specific as my question; what say ye?

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

And I'll bet it's made in China

4. poppin cork

I'm not sure you'd qualify on the Wonderlic. I have a secretary. Stay ignorant to your broad statements.

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

6. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if you are telling me those examples are acceptable, or, that patriotism is an excuse for ignoring the code? Could you clear that up for me?

I was assigned to the ships Chaplin to pin the flags to the caskets for arrival in the US. I don't see it as my flag or your flag. I see it as their flag.

Every flag sold comes with a printed copy of the code in the package if it's made in America. The problem is it's thrown away without reading it, and less than 50% of the flags purchased in the US are US made. Flying a China made flag, true patriotism, right?

I have over 250 pictures of the flag flying in disgraceful conditions. That's just my NC collection. (Check my posts from the mid 2000's. I quit posting them because no one cared)

After 911 people went crazy flying the flag in all sorts of stupid places and through ignorance they were disgracing the flag. Everytime there's a national issue Americans drag out their flags and ignorantly display them thinking they are patriots.

The worst I 've ever seen was two flying from the back of a fire truck hold rails, soiled and darkened by diesel fumes and draging on the bumper. No vet's in that firehouse? In Clayton one was flying on a roof TV antenna pole and tangled in the wire. Etc.. Etc.

Or like we've all seen, some redneck with a flag tied to a broom handle and flying in the bed of his pickup doing 70 MPH down the highway.

Just coming home from Fuquay yesterday I saw 4 tattered flags flying. Two were businesses.

Flying a flag doesn't make you a patriot. Wearing the flag doesn't make you a patriot. And most assuredly, flying or using it outside of the code makes you just the opposite. You might as well burn it instead.

PS: And don't ever approach anyone and kindly try to explain their error in flying the flag. You'll get the "This is Merica I'll fly it any way I want." speach and told to buzz off.

7. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

I saw a flag yesterday which had been flying in the sun so long that it was literally bleached white with a faint tinge of red and blue. It was on the front porch of a house right beside the steps, so it was probably easy to miss the fact there were no colors left in that flag.

8. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Which pole was installed first?

And 6' would be to close if either pole decided to fly a 6' flag.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  9. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Please don't take this wrong. I'm not saying this to be rude. I'm hoping to expand your understanding.

On the flag issue: Bending the rules seems to be the norm these days. Everyone is special and wearing an excuse. The rules stand in my book. Bending them to appease the want to celebrate patriotism while defaming the rules and symbol of patriotism is illogical and self serving.

Thank you for recognizing my service. But, I'll give you a tip. Find out if you are thanking a volunteer or a conscripted soldier first. Some of us were blackmailed into service.

They were given 3 choices.

1.) Take the conscription and do 2 years. Do not pass go, do not collect $200, go directly to war. We pay you whatever we want to.

2.) Do 4 years, pick the job you want, and we may still impose offer 1 at any time. We still pay you whatever we want to.

3) Do 10 years at Leavenworth Prison.

The best part: And we're taking away your Constitutional Rights so we can force you to kill someone. And if you don't, under the UCMJ we can kill you on the spot.

That's not "service", that's slavery?

How should I accept your thanks when that's what you did to 18 year old boys?

Worse, it wasn't a war. It was a bodies for bullets program. Every box that came home meant more uniforms, packs, rifles, tanks, and planes needed to be replaced so the war machine, Wall Street, our senators, and our congressman could line their pockets.

Personally I prefer not be thanked. It only reminds me of a nation full of profiteers who would kill 55,000 young men and woman for wealth.

Also, I see thanking a soldier as a hollow stand. Lip service. I'm sure it's heartfelt but it isn't enough. Especially for the soldiers who volunteered. If you really want to thank them do something tangible.

Ask your Senators why do we need organizations like Wounded Warrior that can only help a few. Shouldn't the government be doing that for all soldiers?

Go look at the Duke VA. Roam the halls and tell me you see a hosipital that compares to the ones you're walking into for care. It's a morgue not a hospital. It's run down, equipment that doesn't work, sub grade health care at best. So under funded that it's sickening.

Get off your lilly whites and prove you mean thank you. If you want something for a nationwide protest march, that's it.

BobF, Hught and Wayne Stollings like this.
  10. Wayne Stollings

A Holden Special. Not super weird if you're Australian. Very weird in Bozeman, Montana.

[​IMG]

11. Wayne Stollings

12. Wayne Stollings

Not much soil, but a whole lot of rock .....

DWK likes this.
  13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

15. Wayne Stollings

Wouldn't "memorial" generally indicate he had died?

16. poppin cork

Nope. That whole Meredith Hunter deal. No memorial to Keith. Build it and they will come..........and burn it down.

17. Wayne Stollings

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

19. Wayne Stollings

I heard someone talking about something similar to this. They were getting so trained to squirt whatever was in a pump bottle into their hands they did not even check to see if it was sanitizer most of the time.

Hught and DWK like this.
  20. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member