Today's Wow did I just see that?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hught, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

How different religions handle the same problems .....

The Presbyterian church called a meeting to decide what to do about their squirrel infestation. After much prayer and consideration, they concluded that the squirrels were predestined to be there, and they should not interfere with God’s divine will.

At the Baptist church, the squirrels had taken an interest in the baptistry. The deacons met and decided to put a water-slide on the baptistry and let the squirrels drown themselves. The squirrels liked the slide and, unfortunately, knew instinctively how to swim, so twice as many squirrels showed up the following week.

The Lutheran church decided that they were not in a position to harm any of God’s creatures. So, they humanely trapped their squirrels and set them free near the Baptist church. Two weeks later, the squirrels were back when the Baptists took down the water-slide.

The Episcopalians tried a much more unique path by setting out pans of whiskey around their church in an effort to kill the squirrels with alcohol poisoning. They sadly learned how much damage a band of drunk squirrels can do.

But the Catholic church came up with a more creative strategy! They baptized all the squirrels and made them members of the church. Now they only see them at Christmas and Easter.

Not much was heard from the Jewish synagogue. They took the first squirrel and circumcised him. They haven’t seen a squirrel since.

Hught likes this.
  2. Wayne Stollings

3. Wayne Stollings

4. Wayne Stollings

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

7. Wayne Stollings

8. Wayne Stollings

9. Wayne Stollings

Rob O'Hara
    Jnsunetrf 23SsopfSo,c 20Stns2oruredea0 ·
    I know I shouldn’t have done this, but I am 83 years old and I was in the McDonald’s drive-through this morning and the young lady behind me leaned on her horn and started mouthing something because I was taking too long to place my order. So when I got to the first window I paid for her order along with my own. The cashier must have told her what I'd done, because as we moved up she leaned out her window and waved to me and mouthed "Thank you.", obviously embarrassed that I had repaid her rudeness with kindness. When I got to the second window I showed them both receipts and took her food too. Now she has to go back to the end of the queue and start all over again,
    Don't blow your horn at old people, they have been around a long time.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Hught likes this.
  10. BobF

BobF Well-Known Member

Yeah, funny, I appreciate the humor, but a bit cold as well. Should have let her have her food...that way, there was a slight chance that the lesson would have stuck.

JMHO...

poppin cork and Wayne Stollings like this.
  11. Wayne Stollings

I would have just let her keep the food myself. I have paid for someone's food on several occasions in the hopes that it was contagious.

BobF likes this.
  12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Put a lid on it!

Wayne Stollings likes this.
  15. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

Racists, making fun of blacks because the can't afford a sleigh.

16. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

PoppinCork: Proving EVERY, SINGLE DAY that he is a willing victim of social media conspiracy theories, as well as being dropped on his head as a small child. “Sad”.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    Wayne Stollings and Hught like this.
  17. Wayne Stollings

I think he may have been dropped on his head several times ....

DWK likes this.
  18. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

It’s nice to know that there are ANIMALS in the world who are much smarter than “some” so-called “humans”!

Wayne Stollings and Hught like this.
  19. Wayne Stollings

Crows have been shown to be able to count to three with no fingers or toes having to be used, which is probably why poppin is so upset.

Hught likes this.
  20. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member