Today's Wow did I just see that?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hught, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

2. Wayne Stollings

DWK and Hught like this.
  3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

5. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Definitely not surprised that the 4 out of 5 states for highest online “adult entertainment” usage are ALL in the so-called, “conservative”, Bible Belt! Strange, huh?
    132CB9A7-213C-4F3A-BF50-6726AEC3532E.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  6. Wayne Stollings

There was an old joke about the difference between a Methodist and a Baptist.

"A Methodist will talk to you in the liquor store and a Baptist will walk right by you like he never saw you."

DWK likes this.
  7. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

FYI, we have the 9th largest population.

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I know, what is your point?

By the way New York is 4th in population.

9. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

We’re talking about popular internet search habits as they relate to region and the so-called “conservative” culture of this state, and other Southern states. And this report is very tame considering the TYPE of online search habits that have been tracked in our state, which are NOT the least bit “conservative”, but somewhat shocking when compared to other less religious regions. So the “stereotype” of a religious, Bible Belt being a bit hypocritical is grounded in quantifiable metrics that reflect the actual reality.

Wayne Stollings likes this.
  10. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

I would add that the Baptist would walk right by you at the liquor store on Friday night, but then during church services on Sunday, as they themselves are nursing a terrible hangover, testify to the whole congregation what a big, ole sloppy drunk YOU are, and how they’ll pray for YOUR soul. Lol. You can’t forget the sanctimonious projection! Lol.

Wayne Stollings likes this.
  11. Wayne Stollings

The church I grew up attending was built on land my great-grandfather donated and after seeing how many of the people who attended on Sunday were raising hell on Saturday and stabbing you in the back on Monday, I walked away. The last time I walked through the doors was for my mother's funeral as she still attended and out of respect for her I went.

BobF, DWK and Hught like this.
  12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

If you have large children in you life that will not wear a mask, this may help . . .

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

14. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Saw some photos of yesteryear vs today as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] 2021-02-18_9-20-58.jpg

Wayne Stollings and Hught like this.
  15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

16. Wayne Stollings

The impact of human medications on the environment is eye opening. The hormones from birth control drugs that pass through the body are not of significant quantity until you look at a mega city such as New York and then you have issues.

Hught likes this.
  17. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Many CVS locations have a disposal cabinet for old drugs. Also a lot of Police stations will take them as well. The CVS sites are super easy to use, it's like a postal box where you drop off mail, just instead its for meds and located by the pharmacy usually. Have used them to dispose of lots of left over meds from someone that passed recently.

https://www.cvs.com/content/safer-communities-locate

https://safe.pharmacy/drug-disposal/

upload_2021-2-18_10-59-20.png

Hught likes this.
  18. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Aren’t most of these unused pharmaceutical drugs incinerated after they are dropped off at collection locations? Then what do you think happens to them?

19. Wayne Stollings

20. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Especially if your electricity is out, and you’re in the car to stay warm. Cake is essential in that case!

Hught likes this.